The Oregon State Beavers (8-4) can prolong a five-game home winning streak when they take on the Colorado Buffaloes (8-4) at Gill Coliseum. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 143 points with Oregon State set as a 3.5-point favorite. Action starts at 11 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017, and it can be seen on ESPNU.
Colorado Buffaloes at Oregon State Beavers ATS Preview
The Buffaloes fell to the Iowa Hawkeyes in their last game, 80-73. With 21 points on 6-for-11 shooting, McKinley Wright IV was the games leading scorer. Iowa had a free throw rate of 0.472 (above their season average of 0.220). Colorado, meanwhile, forced the Hawkeyes into a turnover percentage of 21.6 (above their season average of 16.3).
In the Beavers last matchup, they were beaten by the Kent State Golden Flashes, 79-78. Tres Tinkle was Oregon State’s leading scorer with 25 points on 7-for-13 shooting. Kent State forced the Beavers into a turnover percentage of 21.1 (above their season average of 17.5). Oregon State, on the other hand, did a terrific job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (26-36; 72.2 percent).
The physical Oregon State offense looks poised to dominate from the charity stripe. The Beavers rank 10th in the nation with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.332, while Colorado ranks 226th in FTA rate allowed (0.250).
Of Colorado’s 12 games, seven have finished over the projected point total, while 6 of Oregon State’s 11 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (8-4 for Colorado; 8-4 for Oregon State), but the Buffaloes have the edge against the spread (ATS). Colorado is 5-7 ATS, while the Beavers are 3-9.
Wright IV has really been playing well over the last five games for Colorado, averaging 17.8 points, 6.8 rebounds and 5.0 assists per game.
This is the first time these teams will battle this year, after the Buffaloes won both contests last season. In the last game, Colorado won 60-52. The Buffaloes dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 17.8 and a free throw rate of 0.208. For those same stats, the Beavers were 24.9 and 0.160, respectively.
Colorado Buffaloes vs. Oregon State Beavers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Over
- The Beavers rank 50th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while the Buffaloes rank 61st (2.9).
- Oregon State allows the 36th-fewest assists per game (11.1) while Colorado ranks 46th (11.3).
- On the road, Colorado is 1-5 ATS with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- Oregon State is 1-6 ATS at home with 4 overs and 2 unders.
- Colorado ranks 40th in rebounds per game (39.5) while Oregon State ranks 144th (35.8).
- The Buffaloes rank 169th in three pointers attempted per game (21.2) while the Beavers rank 225th (18.7).
- Oregon State averages 6.9 steals per game, which ranks 74th in the NCAA. Colorado ranks 119th in steals allowed per game (6.8).
- Oregon State is 1-4 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Colorado is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Beavers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.4, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buffaloes have scored an average of 77.6 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 81.0 points per game (7.8 above their season average).