The Colorado Buffaloes (10-7, 2-3 Pac-12) can snap a six-game road losing streak when they challenge the UCLA Bruins (13-4, 4-1 Pac-12) at Pauley Pavilion. UCLA is an 11.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 154.5 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 10:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, January 13, 2018, and it can be seen on Pac-12 Network.
Colorado Buffaloes at UCLA Bruins Betting Preview
In the Buffaloes last matchup, they lost to the No. 25 USC Trojans, 70-58. With 21 points on 7-for-14 shooting, George King was the games leading scorer. USC forced the Buffaloes into a turnover percentage of 26.9 (above their season average of 18.0). Colorado, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.9 (above their season average of 29.9).
The Bruins come in on a high note after thoroughly outplaying the Utah Runnin’ Utes in their last contest, 83-64. Kris Wilkes was a key piece for UCLA with 19 points. UCLA dominated every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 14.8) and a free throw rate of 0.232 (matching their season average). For those same stats, Utah had marks of 18.6 and 0.173, respectively.
UCLA should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. UCLA ranks 46th in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.7 percent), while Colorado forces the 34th-fewest turnovers (16.6 percent).
Of Colorado’s 17 games, nine have finished over the projected point total, while 10 of UCLA’s 16 games have finished over the O/U total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Bruins have a significant advantage. They are 13-4 SU and 8-9 ATS, while the Buffaloes are 10-7 SU and 7-9-1 ATS.
Aaron Holiday has really been playing well over the last five games for UCLA, averaging 23.8 points, 5.0 assists and 1.4 steals per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Bruins won the sole game played against each other last season, 104-89. UCLA was lights out from beyond the arc (19-31; 61.3 percent). Colorado, meanwhile, did a terrific job of making free throws (27-38; 71.1 percent).
Colorado Buffaloes at UCLA Bruins Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – UCLA, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Over
- The Bruins rank 101st in steals per game (6.5) while the Buffaloes rank 168th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- On the road, Colorado is 1-7-1 ATS with 5 unders and 4 overs.
- UCLA is 5-5 ATS at home with 5 overs and 4 unders.
- Colorado ranks 48th in rebounds per game (39.1) while UCLA ranks 183rd in rebounds allowed per game (36.5).
- The Buffaloes rank 154th in three pointers allowed per game (22.8) while the Bruins rank 243rd (25.8).
- UCLA ranks 12th in blocks allowed per game (2.2) while Colorado ranks 100th (3.7).
- UCLA is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Colorado is 2-2-1 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bruins average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.8, up from 8.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Buffaloes have scored an average of 69.4 points per game (5.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 76.2 points per game (2.1 above their season average).