The Colorado Buffaloes (6-0) are off to a hot start and will try to stay unbeaten when they challenge the Colorado State Rams (3-2) at Moby Arena. Colorado opened as a 3-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 147.5 points. Action gets underway at 1 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 2, 2017.
Colorado Buffaloes vs. Colorado State Rams Betting Preview
In the Buffaloes last contest, they beat the Air Force Falcons, 81-69. George King was the top scorer from either team with 25 points on 9-for-13 shooting. Colorado dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 41.4 (above their season average of 31.1) and a free throw rate of 0.352 (above their season average of 0.300). For those same stats, Air Force was 11.8 and 0.138, respectively.
The Rams are trying to rebound after their 77-67 loss to the Missouri State Bears in their last matchup. With 13 points and 12 rebounds, Che Bob put together a solid game for Colorado State. Missouri State did a fantastic job of making free throws (23-29; 79.3 percent). Colorado State, on the other hand, forced the Bears into a turnover percentage of 18.6 (above their season average of 15.5).
Colorado State could put on a ball-control clinic in this showdown. Since the 2016-17 season, Colorado State ranks 33rd in the nation at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 16.5 percent), while Colorado has forced the 71st-fewest turnovers (17.5 percent).
Of Colorado’s 6 games, four have finished over the O/U total, while 2 of Colorado State’s 4 games have finished over the projected point total. The Buffaloes hold a significant advantage in terms of straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 6-0 SU and 3-3 ATS, while the Rams are 3-2 SU and 0-4 ATS.
The Rams won the sole game against the Buffaloes last season, 72-58. The Rams played a nearly flawless game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.500 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.442. For those same stats, the Buffaloes were 0.288 and 0.347, respectively.
Colorado Buffaloes at Colorado State Rams Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colorado, ATS Winner – Colorado, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Rams rank 160th in steals per game (6.1) while the Buffaloes rank 265th (4.9).
- Colorado State averages 3.3 blocks per game, which ranks 145th in the nation. Colorado ranks 160th in blocks allowed per game (3.5).
- Colorado ranks 154th in assists per game (13.8) while Colorado State ranks 297th (11.0).
- The Buffaloes rank 175th in three pointers attempted per game (20.9) while the Rams rank 291st in three pointers allowed per game (24.3).
- Colorado ranks 73rd in rebounds per game (37.8) while Colorado State ranks 184th in rebounds allowed per game (35.3).