Colorado Avalanche vs. Nashville Predators Matchup Preview

Bridgestone Arena will be hosting a Central Division clash as the Nashville Predators take the ice against the visiting Colorado Avalanche. The action will get started at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, and you’ll be able to view the game live on Altitude Sports & Entertainment.

Colorado Avalanche at Nashville Predators Odds

Nashville enters the matchup as the heavy favorite with a moneyline of -200. The line for Colorado sits at +170, and the oddsmakers have set the Over/Under (O/U) at an even 6 goals. The odds for betting the total stand at -120 for the under and +100 for the over. The Predators are 10-8 straight up (SU) and have netted moneyline bettors 1.6 units this year. That winning percentage, ranked third in the Central Division so far this season, is an improvement compared to what the team did during the 2016-17 season (41-41). Among its 18 games this season, nine have gone over the total, while an additional nine have gone under and none have pushed. The team’s 5-2 SU at home thus far. Nashville’s converted on 20.8 percent of its power play opportunities this season, a mark that’s right around league average. On the other hand, its penalty kill is rated 11th overall, and it’s successfully killed off 82.4 percent of all penalties. As a team, Nashville has been called for penalties 6.0 times per game overall this season, and 4.8 per game over its past five contests. The team has been forced to kill penalties for a whopping 14.1 minutes per game over its last 10 outings, in total. Averaging 29.1 saves per game with a .921 save percentage, Pekka Rinne (9-5-2) has been the best goalkeeper for the Predators this season. If the Preds decide to rest him, however, head coach Peter Laviolette may go with Juuse Saros (1-3-3 record, .855 save percentage, 3.94 goals against average). The Preds will continue seeking leadership from Filip Forsberg and Kyle Turris. Forsberg (19 points) has produced nine goals and 10 assists and has recorded two or more points on five separate occasions this year. Turris has four goals and eight assists to his name and has recorded at least one point in seven contests. Over on the other bench, Colorado is 9-8 straight up (SU) and has earned moneyline bettors 3.4 units this year. A total of 12 of its outings have gone over the total, while five have gone under and none have pushed. Colorado’s 3-6 SU as the away team this season. Colorado has scored on 21.7 percent of its power play chances this season, a figure that’s good enough for ninth-best in the league. On the other hand, its penalty kill unit is ranked 23rd overall and it’s successfully killed off 78.3 percent of all opponent power plays. Colorado’s skaters have been penalized 4.9 times per game this season, and 5.8 per game over their last five on the road. The teams been forced to kill penalties 14.8 minutes per game over their last five road outings. Semyon Varlamov (.910 save percentage and 3.07 goals against average) has been the primary option in goal for Colorado. Varlamov is averaging 31.2 saves per game and has seven wins, four losses, and one OT loss to his credit. Nathan MacKinnon (six goals, 14 assists) has been one of the top facilitators on offense for the visiting Avalanche.

Colorado Avalanche at Nashville Predators Betting Predictions

Predictions: SU Winner – Avalanche, O/U – Over

Betting Notes:

  • The over has hit in four of Nashville’s last five games.
  • Over Colorado’s last ten games, six of them have been decided by two or more goals (the team is 4-2 in those games).