The UAB Blazers and Louisiana Tech Bulldogs will face off on the turf at Joe Aillet Stadium. The game is scheduled to kick off at 7:00 p.m. ET and fans can catch the action by tuning in to STAD,FCBK.
Betting Preview: UAB Blazers at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs
UAB is a big road underdog in this CUSA game and is currently getting 9 points. The Blazers are also receiving +280 moneyline odds while the Bulldogs are -360. This CUSA tilt should provide several decent in-game betting opportunities, and oddsmakers have set the over/under (O/U) at 57 points.
Early action has shifted in the direction of the Bulldogs, as the opening line was -8. The game’s over/under has yet to move after being set initially at 57.
The Blazers are down 0.8 units so far and 3-1 against the spread (ATS). The team has posted an Over-Under mark of 1-2.
The Bulldogs have been a pleasant surprise for moneyline bettors this season, gaining 2.5 units. They’re 3-1 ATS and three of their games have gone over the total.
The Blazers have gone 3-1 straight up (SU), including 1-0 SU against conference opponents. The Bulldogs are 3-1 SU overall and 1-0 SU in conference play.
The Blazers are coming off a resounding 28-7 victory over Charlotte last week. The passing attack was sharp as A.J. Erdely completed 13 passes on 16 attempts for 214 yards and one touchdown. Spencer Brown (68 yards on 18 rush attempts, two TDs) and the signal-caller Erdely (21 yards on 10 carries, one TD) spearheaded the running attack. Collin Lisa (three receptions, 56 yards) and Andre Wilson (two catches, 67 yards, one TD) handled the receiving duties in the win.
Louisiana Tech is coming off of a 29-27 win over North Texas. J’mar Smith completed 20-of-39 passes for 230 yards and two touchdowns. Israel Tucker (95 yards on 15 rush attempts) and Kam McKnight (34 yards on 10 carries) handled the running game as Adrian Hardy (seven receptions, 75 yards, one TD) and Rhashid Bonnette (five catches, 101 yards) led the pass-catching attack in the win.
UAB has run the ball on 64.7 percent of its offensive possessions this year while Louisiana Tech has a rush percentage of 46.5 percent. The Blazers have produced 239.0 rush yards/game and have 12 touchdowns on the ground this year. The Bulldogs are putting up 158.3 rush yards per game and have six total rushing TDs.
The Blazers offensive scheme has tallied 201.5 yards/game in the air overall and has four passing scores so far. The Bulldogs have put up 299.0 pass yards per outing and have 10 total pass TDs.
Defensively, UAB appears to have the upper hand when it comes to limiting the pass. The team has let opponents rush for an average of 173.8 yards and pass for 141.0 yards per game. The Louisiana Tech defense has given up 198.5 yards per game to opposing passers and 159.0 yards per game to opposing runners. The Blazers are allowing an adjusted net yards per pass attempt (ANY/A) of only 3.70 to opponents, while the Bulldogs have given up a 5.70 ANY/A.
Smith has managed to complete 63-of-105 passes for 819 yards, six TDs and three INTs for Louisiana Tech. His adjusted net yards per pass attempt stands at 6.90 for the year and 6.40 over his last two outings. In the other locker room, Erdely is up to 591 passing yards this season. He’s completed 47-of-70 attempts with three passing touchdowns and two interceptions. Erdely has a 7.36 ANY/A, including 7.61 over the last two outings.
When these two teams met a year ago, UAB emerged victorious by a final score of 23-22.
UAB Blazers at Louisiana Tech Bulldogs NCAA Prediction
SU Winner: UAB, ATS Winner: UAB, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- The UAB defense has sacked opposing quarterbacks 14 times this season. Louisiana Tech has produced 13 sacks.
- Louisiana Tech has lost two fumbles this season while the UAB offense has lost one.
- The Blazers offense has created three pass plays of 40+ yards, while the Bulldogs have accounted for four such plays.
- The UAB defense has allowed three pass plays of 40 or more yards, while Louisiana Tech has given up zero such plays.
- Both teams have produced five rushing plays of 20 yards or more. The UAB offense has recorded 29 running plays of 10+ yards while Louisiana Tech has accounted for 20 such plays.
- The Blazers defense has allowed eight rushing plays of 20+ yards, while the Bulldogs have given up five such runs.
- Louisiana Tech was favored by 8 points in its previous outing and the O/U was set at 62. The under cashed and Louisiana Tech did not cover in the 29-27 victory over North Texas.
- Over its last three matches, Louisiana Tech is 3-0 ATS and the over cashed in two of those three.
- In its last three matchups, UAB is 2-1 ATS and the under cashed in two of those three.
- UAB was favored by 15 points in its last game and the Over/Under was 52. The under cashed and UAB covered in the 28-7 victory over Charlotte.
- UAB has averaged 5.12213740458015 yards per rush attempt over its last three contests and 4.3 over its last two.
- Louisiana Tech has averaged 4.4 yards per carry over its last three outings and 3.7 over its past two.