The San Francisco Dons (18-15) will be 7-point favorites in the College Basketball Invitational at War Memorial Gymnasium when they square off with the Colgate Raiders (19-13). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 140.5 points and action gets underway at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 14, 2018.
Colgate Raiders at San Francisco Dons Betting Odds
Both teams got blown out in their last game. The Dons fell to the sixth-ranked Gonzaga Bulldogs, 88-60, while the Raiders were defeated by the Bucknell Bison, 83-54.
Colgate did a terrific job of making free throws (14-18; 77.8 percent) while San Francisco held Gonzaga to an offensive rebounding percentage of 19.4 (below their season average of 33.8). San Francisco was lifted by Nate Renfro, who recorded 15 points and six rebounds. Meanwhile, Will Rayman played a key role for Colgate with 17 points and 11 rebounds.
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the nation’s slowest-paced teams square off. San Francisco ranks 299th in possessions per game (66.9) and Colgate is 307th (66.6). Also, second chance points could be tough to come by for the Raiders. They rank 260th in the nation in offensive rebounding percentage at 26.5 percent, while the Dons are 56th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 74.4 percent).
Of the Raiders’ 7 games with betting action, seven have finished under the O/U total. Colgate holds records of 19-13 straight up (SU) and 5-2 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Dons also have a tendency to finish under the projected point total (55.2 percent). Additionally, San Francisco is 18-15 SU and 12-17 ATS.
Colgate Raiders vs. San Francisco Dons Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Colgate, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Over
- San Francisco ranks ninth in three pointers allowed per game (16.9) while Colgate ranks 174th (22.3).
- The Raiders rank 128th in blocks per game (3.3) while the Dons rank 191st in blocks allowed per game (4.1).
- Colgate ranks 26th in steals allowed per game (5.1) while San Francisco ranks 75th (5.7).
- The Dons rank 12th in assists allowed per game (10.3) while the Raiders rank 139th (13.3).
- San Francisco ranks 189th in rebounds per game (34.6) while Colgate ranks 268th (32.8).
- The Raiders’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, down from 2.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Dons have scored an average of 69.6 points per game (0.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 71.8 points per game (3.3 above their season average).