The Colgate Raiders (5-6) look to put an end to a six-game road losing streak when they meet the Holy Cross Crusaders (3-6) at Hart Recreation Center. Tip-off is set for 7:05 p.m. ET on Friday, December 29, 2017.
Colgate Raiders at Holy Cross Crusaders ATS Preview
The Raiders dismantled the Pittsburgh-Bradford Panthers in their last outing, 103-52. Jack Ferguson was the top scorer from either team with 19 points on 6-for-9 shooting. Colgate dominated every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.265 (above their season average of 0.189) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.4 (above their season average of 21.8). For those same stats, Pittsburgh-Bradford was 0.000 and 16.7, respectively.
The last time the Crusaders played, they were dismantled by the Siena Saints, 71-65. With 10 points and seven rebounds, Jehyve Floyd put together a solid outing for Holy Cross. Siena did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (26-36; 72.2 percent). Holy Cross, meanwhile, held the Saints to an effective field goal percentage of 0.459 (below the 0.556 mark opponents have averaged against Holy Cross this season).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams battle. Holy Cross ranks 328th in possessions per game (62.1) and Colgate is 303rd (67.6) dating back to last season.
The Crusaders won both contests against the Raiders last season. In the last matchup, Holy Cross won 56-50. The Crusaders dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a superb free throw rate of 0.318 and a turnover percentage of 15.8. The Raiders put up marks of 0.167 and 26.3, respectively, for those same stats.
Colgate Raiders at Holy Cross Crusaders Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Holy Cross, ATS Winner – Holy Cross, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Raiders rank 240th in rebounds per game (32.5) while the Crusaders rank 266th (25.6).
- Holy Cross ranks 110th in steals per game (8.8) while Colgate ranks 131st in steals allowed per game (7.0).
- Colgate averages 24.0 three pointers per game, which ranks 92nd in the nation. Holy Cross ranks 193rd in three pointers allowed per game (23.0).
- The Raiders average 13.4 assists per game, which ranks 147th in the NCAA. The Crusaders rank 206th in assists allowed per game (14.5).
- Holy Cross ranks 16th in blocks allowed per game (2.8) while Colgate ranks 65th (3.0).