Pat foes will collide when the American University Eagles (3-9, 0-1 Pat) meet the Colgate Raiders (6-6, 1-0 Pat) at Bender Arena. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Colgate Raiders at American University Eagles Betting Preview
In the Raiders last contest, they defeated the Holy Cross Crusaders, 79-74. Jordan Swopshire was the games leading scorer with 22 points on 8-for-13 shooting. Colgate played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.102 (below their season average of 0.197) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 38.7 (above their season average of 24.0). Holy Cross was 0.049 and 24.2, respectively, for those same stats.
The Eagles are trying to rebound after their 84-55 loss to the Bucknell Bison in their last contest. Sam Iorio led American University in scoring with 20 points on 6-for-11 shooting. Bucknell had an effective field goal percentage of 0.625 (above their season average of 0.540). American University, meanwhile, had a turnover percentage of 12.8 (better than their season average of 18.7).
Half-court execution will be at a premium when two of the NCAA’s slowest-paced teams square off. American University currently ranks 312th in possessions per game (67.2) and Colgate is 267th (68.5). Also, the Raiders rank 37th in effective field goal percentage (0.562), while the Eagles rank 317th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.543).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. Each won one of the two games played against each other last season. The Raiders won the last game 70-65. The Raiders dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a fantastic free throw rate of 0.463 and a turnover percentage of 14.4. The Eagles put up marks of 0.286 and 18.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Colgate Raiders at American University Eagles Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Colgate, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Under
- The Raiders rank 221st in rebounds per game (33.2) while the Eagles rank 256th (29.8).
- American University averages 24.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 76th in the nation. Colgate ranks 181st in three pointers allowed per game (23.4).
- The Raiders rank 36th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Eagles rank 113th (3.8).
- Colgate averages 14.4 assists per game, which ranks 108th in the NCAA. American University ranks 160th in assists allowed per game (14.3).
- The Eagles average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 15.0, up from 12.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 80.6 points per game (4.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.4 points per game (2.6 below their season average).