Pat foes will collide when the Bucknell Bison (17-9, 11-2 Pat) clash against the Colgate Raiders (14-10, 9-4 Pat) at Sojka Pavilion. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, February 12, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Colgate Raiders at Bucknell Bison Free Preview
The Raiders defeated the Boston University Terriers in their last matchup, 74-60. Jordan Robertson was the top scorer from either team with 20 points on 6-for-13 shooting. Colgate played a flawless game. They had a free throw rate of 0.226 (above their season average of 0.219) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 41.4 (above their season average of 25.3). For those same stats, Boston University was 0.061 and 25.9, respectively.
In the Bison’s last matchup, they were topped by the Lehigh Mountain Hawks, 92-89. Zach Thomas was the top scorer from either team with 36 points on 9-for-20 shooting. Lehigh held the Bison to an effective field goal percentage of 0.449 (below their season average of 0.536). Bucknell, on the other hand, held the Mountain Hawks to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.9 (below their season average of 26.0).
It will be a matchup of contrasting tempos as the fast-breaking Bison (ranked 33rd in the NCAA in possessions per game) will look to push the more grind-it-out Raiders (275th in possessions per game). ,
Stephen Brown has been on fire over the last five games for Bucknell, averaging 16.6 points, 4.2 assists and 2.0 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The Bison won 63-51. The Bison dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 36.1 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.321. The Raiders put up marks of 22.2 and 0.203, respectively, for those same stats. Thomas recorded a double-double with 17 points and 15 rebounds.
Colgate Raiders at Bucknell Bison Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Colgate, ATS Winner – Colgate, O/U – Under
- The Bison average 14.1 assists per game, which ranks 128th in the NCAA. The Raiders rank 150th in assists allowed per game (13.6).
- Colgate ranks 149th in steals per game (6.0) while Bucknell ranks 153rd in steals allowed per game (6.7).
- Bucknell ranks 100th in rebounds per game (36.6) while Colgate ranks 249th (32.8).
- The Bison rank 104th in three pointers attempted per game (23.2) while the Raiders rank 188th in three pointers allowed per game (23.1).
- Colgate ranks 34th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while Bucknell ranks 87th (3.2).
- The Bison’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.2, up from 5.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Raiders have scored an average of 78.0 points per game (3.9 above their season average) and allowed an average of 72.8 points per game (1.3 above their season average).