The South Carolina Gamecocks (6-2) will be at home in Colonial Life Arena when they challenge the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (5-4). Tip-off is set for 12 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 9, 2017, and it can be seen on SEC Network.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at South Carolina Gamecocks ATS Preview
In the Chanticleers last game, they beat the Hampton Pirates, 85-81. Jaylen Shaw led Coastal Carolina in scoring with 19 points on 4-for-9 shooting. The Chanticleers had a solid free throw rate of 0.317 (above their season average of 0.261) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.550 (above their season average of 0.511).
The Gamecocks hope to keep it rolling after beating the Wyoming Cowboys in their last outing, 80-64. South Carolina was lifted by Chris Silva, who was the teams leading scorer with 19 points on 5-for-9 shooting. South Carolina played a nearly perfect game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 (below their season average of 33.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.516 (above their season average of 0.502). Wyoming put up marks of 17.5 and 0.393, respectively, for those same stats.
Points could be at a premium as a pair of the NCAA’s top defenses face off. South Carolina ranks 15th in defensive efficiency (92.9) and Coastal Carolina is 48th (102.6) dating back to the 2016-17 season. It could also be a mistake-prone game for the Chanticleers offense, which ranks 278th in ball security (turnover percentage of 18.8 percent). They’ll be going up against the stingy defense of the Gamecocks, which has forced the 15th-most turnovers in the NCAA (24.3 percent).
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at South Carolina Gamecocks ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – South Carolina, ATS Winner – South Carolina, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Chanticleers rank 29th in blocks allowed per game (3.3) while the Gamecocks rank 192nd (3.9).
- Coastal Carolina averages 40.8 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the NCAA. South Carolina ranks 138th in rebounds allowed per game (34.6).
- South Carolina ranks 39th in three pointers allowed per game (18.7) while Coastal Carolina ranks 285th (27.6).
- The Gamecocks rank seventh in assists allowed per game (10.1) while the Chanticleers rank 214th (13.3).
- South Carolina ranks 34th in steals per game (7.6) while Coastal Carolina ranks 230th (5.9).