SBC foes will collide when the UT Arlington Mavericks (14-10, 5-6 SBC) go head-to-head against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (11-13, 5-6 SBC) at College Park Center. Action starts at 5:15 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 3, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN 3.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. UT Arlington Mavericks Betting Preview
The last time the Chanticleers played, they edged the Texas State Bobcats, 56-54. Artur Labinowicz was Coastal Carolina’s high scorer with 14 points on 3-for-10 shooting. The Chanticleers held the Bobcats to an effective field goal percentage of 0.382 (below their season average of 0.501). The Bobcats also had a turnover percentage of 22.1 (above their season average of 17.9).
The Mavericks will look to keep it rolling after topping the Appalachian State Mountaineers in their last outing, 89-77. UT Arlington rallied around Erick Neal, who was the games high scorer with 38 points on 11-for-19 shooting. The Mavericks knocked down 29 of their 38 free throws (76.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.612 (above their season average of 0.521).
The offense of UT Arlington will square off against the elite defense of Coastal Carolina. The Mavericks rank 208th in offensive efficiency, while the Chanticleers are 99th in defensive efficiency. The Chanticleers figure to have the edge on that end of the court.
These teams have already met once this season. The Chanticleers won 90-65. The Chanticleers played a perfect game. They had a superb effective field goal percentage of 0.595 and a fantastic free throw rate of 0.362. For those same stats, the Mavericks were 0.422 and 0.276, respectively. In the victory, Jaylen Shaw led all scorers with 26 points.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at UT Arlington Mavericks Prediction
Free Basketball Tip: SU Winner – UT Arlington, ATS Winner – UT Arlington, O/U – Under
- The Mavericks rank 44th in assists per game (16.2) while the Chanticleers rank 170th (13.2).
- UT Arlington ranks 18th in blocks allowed per game (2.4) while Coastal Carolina ranks 24th (2.5).
- UT Arlington ranks 81st in three pointers attempted per game (24.0) while Coastal Carolina ranks 236th in three pointers allowed per game (24.9).
- The Chanticleers average 39.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 39th in the nation. The Mavericks rank 178th in rebounds allowed per game (35.8).
- UT Arlington averages 7.4 steals per game, which ranks 48th in the NCAA. Coastal Carolina ranks 174th in steals allowed per game (7.2).
- The Mavericks have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. For the season, UT Arlington has defeated opponents by an average of 5.3 points.
- During their last five games, the Chanticleers have scored an average of 64.2 points per game (7.8 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.2 points per game (9.4 below their season average).