The Hampton Pirates (4-5) will be at home in Hampton Convocation Center when they square off against the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers (4-4). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers vs. Hampton Pirates Betting Preview
The Chanticleers lost a tough one against the Lamar Cardinals in their last matchup, 69-67. With 19 points on 6-for-14 shooting, Zac Cuthbertson was the games leading scorer. Lamar forced the Chanticleers into a turnover percentage of 24.5 (above their season average of 16.9). Coastal Carolina, meanwhile, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 48.8 (above their season average of 34.9).
The last time the Pirates played, they blew out the Mid-Atlantic Christian Mustangs, 117-54. Hampton was lifted by Charles Wilson-Fisher, who put up 10 points and 15 rebounds. Hampton played a flawless game. They had a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 48.6 (above their season average of 29.4) and a free throw rate of 0.289 (above their season average of 0.240). For those same stats, Mid-Atlantic Christian recorded marks of 14.3 and 0.141, respectively.
The Chanticleers won the sole game against the Pirates last season, 83-67. The Chanticleers 26.7 offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Pirates, who had a mark of 14.3.
Coastal Carolina Chanticleers at Hampton Pirates Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Hampton, ATS Winner – Hampton, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Chanticleers rank 184th in steals per game (6.0) while the Pirates rank 265th (5.0).
- Hampton ranks 98th in blocks per game (3.8) while Coastal Carolina ranks 107th in blocks allowed per game (3.2).
- Hampton ranks 107th in three pointers allowed per game (20.4) while Coastal Carolina ranks 312th (27.7).
- The Chanticleers rank 10th in rebounds per game (40.8) while the Pirates rank 202nd in rebounds allowed per game (36.0).
- Hampton ranks 25th in assists allowed per game (11.0) while Coastal Carolina ranks 156th (13.2).