The Detroit Titans (4-13, 0-4 Hor), who are currently on an 11-game skid, will try to get back in the win column when they welcome the Cleveland State Vikings (4-12, 1-2 Hor) to Calihan Hall. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 157 points with Detroit set as a 4-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 10, 2018.
Cleveland State Vikings vs. Detroit Titans Betting Preview
The Vikings fell to the Milwaukee Panthers in their last outing, 67-63. With 17 points on 6-for-12 shooting, Kenny Carpenter was Cleveland State’s leading scorer. Milwaukee did a terrific job of making free throws (16-22; 72.7 percent). Cleveland State, meanwhile, forced the Panthers into a turnover percentage of 25.5 (above their season average of 16.3).
In the Titans last game, they were defeated by the Northern Kentucky Norse, 56-54. With 10 points and 13 rebounds, Corey Allen had a solid performance for Detroit. Northern Kentucky forced the Titans into a turnover percentage of 19.3 (above their season average of 16.0). Detroit, on the other hand, had an offensive rebounding percentage of 37.2 (above their season average of 27.4).
Opposite tempos will be on display in this meeting. Detroit has preferred to play quickly (seventh in possessions per game), while Cleveland State has been slower-paced (221st in possessions per game).
Of Cleveland State’s 13 games with betting action, seven have finished over the O/U total, while 8 of Detroit’s 15 games have finished over the O/U total. Both teams have disastrous straight up (SU) records (4-12 for Cleveland State; 4-13 for Detroit), but the Titans have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Detroit is 7-7-1 ATS, while the Vikings are 5-7-1.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. In the last game, the Titans won 91-83. The Titans played a nearly flawless game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.510 and a fantastic offensive rebounding percentage of 34.6. The Vikings put up marks of 0.129 and 26.2, respectively, for those same stats.
Cleveland State Vikings at Detroit Titans Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Detroit, ATS Winner – Detroit, O/U – Under
- The Titans average 13.3 assists per game, which ranks 152nd in the NCAA. The Vikings rank 200th in assists allowed per game (15.6).
- Cleveland State averages 3.1 blocks per game, which ranks 122nd in the NCAA. Detroit ranks 127th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- On the road, Cleveland State is 4-4 ATS with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- At home, Detroit is 3-2-1 ATS with 4 unders and 2 overs.
- Detroit ranks 81st in rebounds per game (37.8) while Cleveland State ranks 255th (29.8).
- The Titans average 25.4 three pointers per game, which ranks 55th in the nation. The Vikings rank 200th in three pointers allowed per game (24.5).
- Cleveland State ranks 22nd in steals allowed per game (4.9) while Detroit ranks 100th (6.4).
- Detroit is 3-2 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland State is 0-4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Titans average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 7.6, up from 5.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Vikings have scored an average of 68.6 points per game (0.3 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.8 points per game (8.4 above their season average).