The Cleveland Cavaliers (1-0), 6.5-point underdogs, will travel to Air Canada Centre to clash against the Toronto Raptors (0-1) in game two of the Eastern Conference Semifinals. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 212.5 points and it will air on ESPN at 6 p.m. ET on Thursday, May 3, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
In game one, James led the Cavaliers to a 113-112 victory. He recorded a triple-double with 26 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds. Cleveland covered as a 7-point underdog and the two teams combined to score 225 points, which was over the projected point total of 213. The Cavaliers turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Raptors. Cleveland had a rate of 4.3, while Toronto posted a mark of 11.1.
The productive offense of Toronto (third in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 111.5) will face off against the porous defense of Cleveland (29th in the league with a defensive efficiency of 110.0). The Raptors should have the edge on that end of the court.
Vegas has been spot on when setting the O/U total of Cavaliers games, with an even split between overs and unders. Cleveland has a respectable 55-35 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 34-54-2 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Cleveland, games featuring the Raptors have gone over the total 51.7 percent of the time. Moreover, Toronto is 63-26 SU and 48-41 ATS.
The Cavaliers are 13-8 ATS with 11 unders, nine overs and one push in the playoffs. The Raptors, meanwhile, are 7-13 with 12 unders and eight overs,
Cleveland Cavaliers at Toronto Raptors Betting Pick
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Raptors, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
- The Raptors rank 20th in steals per game (7.6) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (7.0).
- Toronto ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (24.9) while Cleveland ranks 28th (31.3).
- The Raptors rank sixth in points in the paint per game (48.7) while the Cavaliers rank 21st in points allowed in the paint per game (47.1).
- Toronto ranks 11th in second chance points per game (12.9) while Cleveland ranks 26th (11.0).
- Toronto ranks eighth in fast break points per game (13.4) while Cleveland ranks 14th in fast break points allowed per game (11.7).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.1) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (3.8).
- The Raptors rank 16th in rebounds per game (43.8) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (41.9).
- Toronto averages 17.0 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. Cleveland ranks 16th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.4).
- Toronto ranks sixth in assists per game (24.2) while Cleveland ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (25.5).
- When allowing below 100 points, Cleveland is 18-5 and Toronto is 30-5.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Cavaliers are 52-18 and the Raptors are 57-17.
- Cleveland is 21-23-1 ATS on the road, while Toronto is 25-20 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 24 of the Cavaliers 45 road games, while 23 of the Raptors 45 home games have gone over.
- In their last five games, Cleveland and Toronto are both 2-3 ATS.
- The Cavaliers have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Raptors have 3 unders and 2 overs,
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 101.4 points per game (8.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.8 points per game (3.4 below their season average).
- The Raptors have been outscored by an average of 1.6 points in their last five games. On the season, Toronto has defeated opponents by an average of 7.3 points.