The Cleveland Cavaliers (12-7) travel to Wells Fargo Center to square off against the Philadelphia 76ers (11-7). The Cavaliers will attempt to continue their seven-game winning streak. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 27, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Philadelphia 76ers Odds Preview
The Cavaliers won a close one over the Charlotte Hornets in their last outing, 100-99. With 27 points, 16 rebounds and 13 assists, LeBron James led the way for Cleveland with his first triple-double of the year. Cleveland’s 0.536 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over Charlotte, who had a rate of 0.441. The Cavaliers mark was below their season average of 0.542, while the Hornets was below their season average of 0.506.
The last time the 76ers played, they dismantled the Orlando Magic, 130-111. Philadelphia’s T.J. McConnell had a good game, contributing 15 points, 13 assists and seven rebounds. The 76ers held the Magic to an offensive rebounding percentage of 14.3 (below the 21.1 mark opponents have averaged against Philadelphia this season) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.589 (above their season average of 0.526).
Philadelphia could have difficulty getting to the free throw line in this contest. The 76ers rank 24th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.181, while Cleveland ranks fifth in FTA rate allowed (0.176). Additionally, the sweet-shooting offense of the Cavaliers ranks fourth in effective field goal percentage (0.542), while the 76ers are fourth-best in the NBA at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.489).
Games including these teams tend to go over the O/U total. Cleveland games have gone over 63.2 percent of the time, while 61.1 percent of Philadelphia games have finished over. Both teams have respectable straight up (SU) records (12-7 for Cleveland; 11-7 for Philadelphia), but the 76ers have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Philadelphia is 14-4 ATS, while the Cavaliers are 6-12-1.
Joel Embiid has really been playing well over the last five games for Philadelphia, averaging 28.4 points, 12.4 rebounds, 3.2 assists and 2.6 blocks per game.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Cavaliers won all three games played against each other last season. In the most recent matchup, Cleveland won 122-105. The Cavaliers played a nearly perfect game. They had a fantastically low turnover percentage of 7.3 and a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.1. For those same stats, the 76ers had marks of 15.8 and 16.3, respectively.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Philadelphia 76ers Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – 76ers, ATS Winner – 76ers, O/U – Over
- The 76ers rank first in rebounds per game (48.8) while the Cavaliers rank 20th (42.7).
- Cleveland ranks 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.3) while Philadelphia ranks 27th (13.7).
- Cleveland ranks fifth in blocks allowed per game (4.3) while Philadelphia ranks 22nd (6.0).
- Cleveland ranks 15th in points off turnovers per game (17.6) while Philadelphia ranks 17th in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.6).
- Cleveland is 6-3 ATS on the road with 6 overs and 3 unders.
- Philadelphia is 7-1 ATS at home with 4 overs and 4 unders.
- When holding opponents under 100 points, Cleveland and Philadelphia are both 4-0.
- The 76ers are 10-5 when they score over 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 12-5.
- The 76ers rank seventh in points in the paint per game (46.8) while the Cavaliers rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (45.6).
- Philadelphia averages 26.4 assists per game, which ranks second in the league. Cleveland ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (25.4).
- The 76ers rank seventh in steals per game (8.6) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (6.6).
- The 76ers rank 20th in fast break points per game (8.8) while the Cavaliers rank 25th (8.1).
- Cleveland ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (31.7) while Philadelphia ranks 24th in three pointers allowed per game (31.2).
- Philadelphia is 5-0 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The 76ers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 11.6, up from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 113.6 points per game (2.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.2 points per game (6.9 below their season average).