The Cleveland Cavaliers (1-8) will travel to the Amway Center to go head-to-head against the Orlando Magic (3-6). The Cavaliers opened as 3-point underdogs. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 212 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Ohio at 7 p.m. ET on Monday, November 5, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Orlando Magic Betting Odds
The Magic defeated the San Antonio Spurs in their last contest, 117-110, covering as 3.5-point favorites. The Cavaliers, on the other hand, were blown out by the Charlotte Hornets, 126-94, and were unable to cover as 10-point underdogs. The Orlando game went 7.5 points over the projected point total of 219.5, while the Cleveland game finished 1.5 points under the projected point total of 221.5.
Orlando dominated nearly every stat category in the contest. They had an absurdly low turnover percentage of 7.5 (better than their season average of 11.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.571 (above their season average of 0.465). For those same stats, San Antonio was 10.0 and 0.500, respectively. Cleveland, on the other hand, did an excellent job of converting from the charity stripe (14-15; 93.3 percent). Orlando’s Aaron Gordon had a solid performance, finishing with 26 points and eight rebounds. J.R. Smith was a key piece for Cleveland with 14 points.
This was a highly competitive series last year. Each won two of the four games played against each other last season. The Magic won the most recent game 116-98. The Magic’s 30.8 offensive rebounding percentage was their largest strength over the Cavaliers, who had a rate of 19.1.
Of the Cavaliers’ nine games, five have finished over the projected point total. Cleveland holds records of 1-8 straight up (SU) and 4-5 against the spread (ATS).
Unlike Cleveland, games involving the Magic have typically finished under the O/U total (75.0 percent). Additionally, Orlando owns records of 3-6 SU and 3-5 ATS.
The offensive glass should be a major advantage for Cleveland in this matchup. Dating back to last season, the Cavaliers rank second in offensive rebounding percentage (21.3 percent), while Orlando ranks 18th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.7 percent).
Cleveland Cavaliers at Orlando Magic Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- The Magic rank first in steals allowed per game (7.6) while the Cavaliers rank 13th (7.3).
- Cleveland ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (42.8) while Orlando ranks 27th (46.3).
- The Magic rank 12th in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while the Cavaliers rank last (31.0).
- Orlando ranks ninth in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9) while Cleveland ranks 26th (16.2).
- Orlando ranks 11th in assists per game (23.6) while Cleveland ranks 26th (22.3).
- The Magic rank eighth in blocks per game (5.0) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (3.8).
- The Magic rank fifth in fast break points allowed per game (12.8) while the Cavaliers rank 21st (11.9).
- Orlando ranks fourth in second chance points per game (11.2) while Cleveland ranks 16th in second chance points allowed per game (12.7).
- Orlando ranks eighth in points allowed in the paint per game (47.9) while Cleveland ranks 27th (47.5).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Orlando is 13-9 and Cleveland is 22-6.
- The Magic are 26-33 when they reach the century mark, while the Cavaliers are 59-26.