The Milwaukee Bucks (15-13) will try to snap the five-game winning streak of Cleveland when they welcome the Cavaliers (23-8) to BMO Harris Bradley Center. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 217 points with Cleveland opening as a 1-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Milwaukee Bucks ATS Preview
In the Cavaliers last game, they were victorious over the Washington Wizards, 106-99. With 20 points, 15 assists and 12 rebounds, LeBron James led the way for Cleveland with his fifth triple-double this season. Cleveland played a nearly perfect game. They had a free throw rate of 0.115 (matching their season average) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.552 (below their season average of 0.559). Washington had marks of 0.099 and 0.495, respectively, for those same stats.
The Bucks are hoping for a better outcome after their 115-111 loss to the Houston Rockets in their last game. Giannis Antetokounmpo was Milwaukee’s high scorer with 28 points on 10-for-22 shooting. Houston did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (34-42; 81.0 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, held the Rockets to an offensive rebounding percentage of 11.1 (below their season average of 21.8).
Milwaukee should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Milwaukee ranks fifth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.2 percent), while Cleveland forces the sixth-fewest turnovers (13.6 percent). Also, the elite offense of the Cavaliers ranks third in effective field goal percentage (0.559), while the Bucks are sixth-worst in the league at effective field goal percentage allowed (0.530).
Of Cleveland’s 31 games, 16 have finished over the projected point total, while 17 of Milwaukee’s 28 games have finished over the projected point total. The Cavaliers have the superior straight up (SU) record (23-8 vs. 15-13), but the Bucks hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (12-13-3 vs. 11-19-1).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Cavaliers, it’s been James, who has averaged 27.6 points, 12.0 assists, 10.6 rebounds and 1.8 steals, while the Bucks have gotten solid contributions from Khris Middleton (23.2 points and 6.0 assists).
These two teams have met twice already this year, with the Cavaliers winning both. Kevin Love had 32 points and 16 rebounds in the most recent matchup, in which the Cavaliers beat the Bucks 124-119, resulting in a push. The two teams combined for 243 points, which was 21.5 points above the projected point total of 221.5 points. The Cavaliers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.402 and a turnover percentage of 10.8. The Bucks put up marks of 0.145 and 15.1, respectively, for those same stats.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Milwaukee Bucks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Bucks, O/U – Over
- The Bucks average 46.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks eighth in the league. The Cavaliers rank 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.0).
- Milwaukee ranks second in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Cleveland ranks 10th (7.6).
- Milwaukee ranks second in points off turnovers allowed per game (14.4) while Cleveland ranks 13th (16.3).
- Cleveland ranks 22nd in rebounds per game (41.9) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.4).
- Milwaukee is 5-7-2 ATS at home, while Cleveland is 9-5 ATS on the road.
- The Cavaliers have 7 overs and 7 unders in 14 road games.
- Of the Bucks 14 home games, they have 7 overs, 6 unders and 1 push.
- In games where they allow under 100 points, Cleveland is 10-0 and Milwaukee is 6-2.
- In games where they score more than 100 points, the Bucks are 12-7 and the Cavaliers are 23-6.
- The Cavaliers rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.6) while the Bucks rank 29th (9.0).
- Milwaukee ranks fourth in three pointers allowed per game (26.4) while Cleveland ranks 29th (32.2).
- The Bucks rank fourth in blocks per game (5.5) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (3.8).
- The Bucks rank first in fast break points allowed per game (6.8) while the Cavaliers rank ninth (9.8).
- Milwaukee ranks 11th in assists allowed per game (21.8) while Cleveland ranks 28th (25.1).
- Milwaukee is 3-2 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Bucks have outscored opponents by an average of 1.4 points in their last five games. On the season, Milwaukee has lost by an average of 0.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 112.8 points per game (1.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 104.6 points per game (2.5 below their season average).