The Indiana Pacers (1-1) will be 1.5-point favorites at home in game three of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs when they clash with the Cleveland Cavaliers (1-1). The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 208.5 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 7 p.m. ET on Friday, April 20, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers ATS Odds
In game two, James led the Cavaliers to a 100-97 win. He notched a double-double with 46 points and 12 rebounds. The two teams combined for 197 points, which was well under the projected point total of 213, and Cleveland was unable to cover as an 8.5-point favorite. Cleveland’s 0.205 free throw rate was their largest strength over Indiana, who had a rate of 0.115.
Indiana may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this battle. The Pacers currently rank 25th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.173, while Cleveland ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.166).
Vegas is exceedingly accurate when setting the O/U total of Cavaliers games, with an even split between overs and unders. Cleveland is 51-33 straight up (SU), but they are just 32-51-1 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Pacers’ 84 games, 50 have finished under the total. Further, Indiana owns records of 49-35 SU and 49-35 ATS.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Indiana Pacers Pick
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank 19th in second chance points per game (11.9) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (11.0).
- Cleveland ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Indiana ranks 25th (5.2).
- The Pacers rank second in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Cavaliers rank 19th (16.2).
- Indiana ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (23.1) while Cleveland ranks 28th (25.8).
- Indiana ranks fifth in fast break points per game (14.8) while Cleveland ranks 13th (12.4).
- The Pacers rank second in steals per game (8.8) while the Cavaliers rank 23rd (7.1).
- The Pacers average 44.8 points in the paint per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.0).
- Cleveland ranks fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.1) while Indiana ranks 26th (24.5).
- When allowing less than 100 points, Cleveland is 17-4 and Indiana is 27-4.
- The Cavaliers are 49-18 when they score more than 100 points, while the Pacers are 39-16.
- Indiana is 24-17 ATS at home, while Cleveland is 19-22 ATS on the road.
- In 41 road games, the Cavaliers have 22 overs and 19 unders.
- The Pacers have 24 unders, 16 overs and 1 push in 41 home games.
- The Pacers are 3-2 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Indiana has 4 unders and 1 over, while Cleveland has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Pacers have been outscored by an average of 4.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Indiana has defeated opponents by an average of 1.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 106.2 points per game (4.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.2 points per game (0.4 below their season average).