The Cleveland Cavaliers (3-2), 1.5-point underdogs, will travel to Bankers Life Fieldhouse to square off with the Indiana Pacers (2-3) in game six of the First Round of the Eastern Conference Playoffs. The Cavaliers advance to the Eastern Conference Semifinals with a victory. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 204.5 points and it can be seen on ESPN at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, April 27, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Indiana Pacers Betting Odds
In game five, James led the Cavaliers to a 98-95 victory. He recorded a double-double with 44 points and 10 rebounds. Cleveland was unable to cover as a 6.5-point favorite and the two teams combined for 193 points, which was under the projected point total of 206. The Cavaliers’ offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest advantage over the Pacers. Cleveland had a rate of 27.0, while Indiana posted a mark of 20.6.
Indiana may have trouble getting to the charity stripe in this contest. The Pacers currently rank 25th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.173, while Cleveland ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.166).
A little over half of the Cavaliers’ games have finished under the total. Cleveland has a solid 53-34 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 33-52-2 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Pacers’ 87 games, 53 have finished under the total. Further, Indiana owns records of 50-37 SU and 50-36-1 ATS.
LeBron James has taken his game to another level as of late for Cleveland, averaging 28.0 points, 10.4 rebounds and 6.8 assists over the last five games.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Indiana Pacers ATS Pick
Pick: SU Winner – Pacers, ATS Winner – Pacers, O/U – Under
- The Pacers rank fifth in fast break points per game (14.7) while the Cavaliers rank 13th (12.3).
- Indiana ranks second in steals per game (8.8) while Cleveland ranks 23rd (7.1).
- The Pacers rank second in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while the Cavaliers rank 18th (16.3).
- Indiana ranks 12th in assists allowed per game (22.9) while Cleveland ranks 28th (25.6).
- Indiana ranks 18th in second chance points per game (11.9) while Cleveland ranks 26th (11.0).
- The Cavaliers rank fifth in three pointers attempted per game (32.1) while the Pacers rank 26th (24.6).
- The Pacers rank 12th in points in the paint per game (44.8) while the Cavaliers rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.9).
- Cleveland ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Indiana ranks 21st (5.1).
- In games where they allow less than 100 points, Cleveland is 18-5 and Indiana is 28-5.
- The Cavaliers are 50-18 when they score above 100 points, while the Pacers are 39-17.
- Indiana is 24-18-1 ATS at home, while Cleveland is 20-22-1 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 22 of the Cavaliers’ 43 road games, while 26 of the Pacers’ 43 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Cleveland and Indiana have both had 5 unders.
- The Pacers are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 1-3-1.
- The Pacers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 94.4 points per game (15.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 96.4 points per game (12.7 below their season average).