The Cleveland Cavaliers (39-29) will be at United Center to challenge the Chicago Bulls (24-44) in a Central Division matchup. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, March 17, 2018, and can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Chicago Bulls Betting Odds
In their last contest, the Bulls edged the Memphis Grizzlies, 111-110, while the Cavaliers lost to the Portland Trail Blazers, 113-105.
Chicago played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.325 (above their season average of 0.165) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.531 (above their season average of 0.500). Memphis recorded marks of 0.241 and 0.511, respectively, for those same stats. Cleveland, meanwhile, had a better effective field goal percentage (0.581 vs. 0.510). Chicago rallied around Zach LaVine, who contributed 20 points and five rebounds. Meanwhile, LeBron James fueled Cleveland with 35 points, 14 rebounds and six assists.
Chicago should be expected to protect the ball well in this contest. Chicago ranks fifth in the NBA at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.9 percent), while Cleveland forces the fourth-fewest turnovers (12.9 percent). Furthermore, the fifth-ranked offense of the Cavaliers (offensive efficiency of 110.3) will attempt to exploit the 26th-ranked defense of the Bulls (defensive efficiency of 109.2).
Games including the Cavaliers have gone over the projected point total 50.0 percent of the time. Cleveland heads into the contest with records of 39-29 straight up (SU) and 22-45-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Bulls also have finished over the total 52.9 percent of the time. Moreover, Chicago owns records of 24-44 SU and 35-30-3 ATS.
In their three matchups this year, the Cavaliers have won all three. The two teams combined to put up 227 points in their most recent game, which was over the projected point total of 216. Cleveland won 115-112 but was unable to cover as a 10-point favorite. One of Cleveland’s largest advantages was their ability to convert at the free throw line. They were 19-22 (86.4 percent), while the Bulls were just 6-8 (75.0 percent). James was the games leading scorer with 34 points.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Chicago Bulls ATS Pick
Free Pick: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Under
- The Cavaliers rank 19th in points in the paint per game (43.6) while the Bulls rank 26th (41.6).
- Cleveland averages 32.6 three pointers per game, which ranks fourth in the league. Chicago ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (31.6).
- The Bulls rank fifth in second chance points allowed per game (11.2) while the Cavaliers rank 20th (12.9).
- Cleveland ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Chicago ranks 16th (4.9).
- Cleveland ranks 17th in points off turnovers per game (16.3) while Chicago ranks 25th (15.0).
- The Bulls average 23.5 assists per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Cavaliers rank 29th in assists allowed per game (25.7).
- The Bulls rank third in steals allowed per game (7.0) while the Cavaliers rank 13th (7.6).
- Chicago ranks seventh in rebounds per game (44.7) while Cleveland ranks 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (44.5).
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, Cleveland is 14-2 and Chicago is 6-6.
- The Bulls are 22-21 when they reach 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 38-17.
- Chicago is 18-14-2 ATS at home, while Cleveland is 15-20 ATS on the road.
- In 35 road games, the Cavaliers have 18 overs and 17 unders.
- The Bulls have 19 unders and 15 overs in 34 home games.
- The Bulls are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 2-3.
- In their last five games, Chicago has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Cleveland has 3 unders and 2 overs.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 109.6 points per game (6.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.6 points per game (1.1 above their season average).
- The Cavaliers have been outscored by an average of 1.8 points in their last five games. For the season, Cleveland has defeated opponents by an average of 0.1 points.