The Cleveland Cavaliers will travel to TD Garden to take on the Boston Celtics in the first game of the Eastern Conference Finals. The Celtics opened as 1.5-point underdogs. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 204 points and it can be seen on ABC at 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, May 13, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Boston Celtics ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Celtics edged the Philadelphia 76ers 114-112, while the Cavaliers easily got past the Toronto Raptors 128-93.
The Cavaliers, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.544, had a ridiculous mark of 0.667 and had a turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 12.2). Meanwhile, Boston’s 8.8 turnover percentage was their biggest advantage over Philadelphia, who had a rate of 14.3. The Celtics mark was better than their season average of 12.3. Boston was lifted by Jayson Tatum, who recorded 25 points. Meanwhile, LeBron James played a key role for Cleveland with 29 points, 11 assists and eight rebounds.
Points at the line could be rare for Boston in this showdown. The Celtics rank 17th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.192, while Cleveland ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.168). Additionally, the Cavaliers rank fifth in offensive efficiency (111.0), while the Celtics rank second in defensive efficiency (102.7).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when setting the total of Cavaliers games, with 46 overs compared to 46 unders. Cleveland has a solid 58-35 straight up (SU) record, but they have a difficult time covering the spread (36-55-2 against the spread (ATS)).
Vegas has typically been fairly accurate when predicting totals of Celtics games, with 50 overs compared to 43 unders. Further, Boston owns records of 63-31 SU and 57-33-4 ATS.
In the First-Round Series, the Celtics were 3-3 with five unders and one over while the Cavaliers were 13-8 ATS with 11 unders, nine overs and one push,
The Cavaliers LeBron James has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 34.8 points, 9.6 assists, 7.6 rebounds and 2.0 steals per game. Meanwhile, Terry Rozier has averaged 20.8 points, 7.2 rebounds, 5.8 assists and 1.2 steals during that same time frame for the Celtics.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Boston Celtics Betting Pick
NBA Pick: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
- The Celtics rank fifth in steals allowed per game (7.2) while the Cavaliers rank 11th (7.3).
- Boston ranks fourth in assists allowed per game (21.5) while Cleveland ranks 28th (25.3).
- The Cavaliers rank 13th in fast break points per game (12.1) while the Celtics rank 27th (9.6).
- Boston ranks third in second chance points allowed per game (11.0) while Cleveland ranks 16th (12.8).
- Cleveland ranks 22nd in points in the paint per game (43.5) while Boston ranks 29th (40.1).
- The Celtics rank eighth in three pointers allowed per game (27.5) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (31.1).
- The Celtics rank 18th in blocks per game (4.6) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (3.8).
- Boston ranks 10th in rebounds per game (44.2) while Cleveland ranks 25th (41.7).
- Cleveland is 19-5 when they allow less than 100 points, while Boston is 39-6.
- The Celtics are 49-14 when they score more than 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 55-18.
- Cleveland is 22-23-1 ATS on the road, while Boston is 27-17-4 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 29 of the Celtics 48 home games, while 25 of the Cavaliers 46 road games have gone over.
- The Celtics are 4-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 3-2.
- In their last five games, Boston has 3 overs and 2 unders, while Cleveland has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Celtics average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.0, down from 3.3 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 115.8 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 103.8 points per game (5.2 below their season average).