The Utah Jazz (15-21) will be at home in Vivint Smart Home Arena when they go head-to-head with the Cleveland Cavaliers (24-11). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Utah Jazz Free Preview
The last time the Cavaliers played, they fell to the Sacramento Kings, 109-95. Despite the loss, Cleveland’s LeBron James finished with 16 points, 14 assists and 10 rebounds. This gave him his sixth triple-double of the year. Sacramento was lights out from beyond the arc (12-30; 40.0 percent). Cleveland, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting to and converting from the charity stripe (19-25; 76.0 percent).
The Jazz are trying to rebound after their 126-101 loss to the Golden State Warriors in their last game. Rodney Hood was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 9-for-20 shooting. Golden State had an effective field goal percentage of 0.657 (above their season average of 0.572). Utah, meanwhile, held the Warriors to an offensive rebounding percentage of 10.8 (below their season average of 22.1).
Getting to the line might be rare for Utah in this battle. The Jazz rank 15th in the NBA with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.196, while Cleveland ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.165).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined for 209 points, just under the projected point total of 211.5. The Cavaliers won 109-100, but were unable to cover as 10-point favorites. Cleveland did a fantastic job of making free throws (15-17; 88.2 percent). Utah, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (25.0 vs. 22.9). James put up a triple-double in the victory, with 29 points, 11 rebounds and 10 assists.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Utah Jazz ATS Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Jazz, ATS Winner – Jazz, O/U – Over
- The Jazz rank 16th in blocks per game (4.7) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (3.7).
- Utah ranks fifth in fast break points allowed per game (9.3) while Cleveland ranks 11th (10.7).
- Cleveland ranks 17th in points in the paint per game (42.5) while Utah ranks 25th (40.9).
- Cleveland is 9-8 ATS on the road, while Utah is 12-6 ATS at home.
- Of the Cavaliers 17 road games, they have 9 unders and 8 overs.
- Of the Jazz’s 18 home games, they have 11 unders and 7 overs.
- When allowing under 100 points, Utah is 10-2 and Cleveland is 10-1.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Jazz are 13-9 and the Cavaliers are 24-7.
- The Cavaliers rank 12th in points off turnovers per game (17.3) while the Jazz rank 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.8).
- Utah ranks second in assists allowed per game (19.9) while Cleveland ranks 28th (25.5).
- The Jazz rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.3) while the Cavaliers rank last (32.1).
- The Cavaliers rank 21st in rebounds per game (41.7) while the Jazz rank 26th (40.4).
- Utah ranks third in steals per game (9.1) while Cleveland ranks 21st (7.3).
- Utah is 1-4 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Jazz’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 16.0, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 104.8 points per game (5.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 107.6 points per game (0.2 above their season average).