The Sacramento Kings (11-22) will be at home in Golden 1 Center when they take on the Cleveland Cavaliers (24-10). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 207.5 points with Cleveland opening as a 10-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, December 27, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Sacramento Kings ATS Preview
The Cavaliers lost to the Golden State Warriors in their last contest, 99-92. Kevin Love had a solid game for Cleveland, leading both teams in scoring with 31 points on 9-for-25 shooting. Golden State held the Cavaliers to an effective field goal percentage of 0.403 (below their season average of 0.561). Cleveland, on the other hand, did an excellent job of getting and making free throws (21-25; 84.0 percent).
In the Kings last game, they were topped by the Los Angeles Clippers, 122-95. Willie Cauley-Stein was Sacramento’s leading scorer with 17 points on 8-for-10 shooting. Los Angeles did a fantastic job of making free throws (21-27; 77.8 percent). Sacramento, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (8.2 vs. 13.2).
Getting to the line might be rare for Sacramento in this contest. The Kings rank 30th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.142, while Cleveland ranks third in FTA rate allowed (0.164). Additionally, the Cavaliers third-ranked offense (offensive efficiency of 112.1) will attempt to exploit the Kings 30th-ranked defense (defensive efficiency of 110.2).
Of Cleveland’s 34 games, 18 have finished over the O/U total, while 16 of Sacramento’s 32 games have finished under the O/U total. The Cavaliers hold the substantial advantage straight up (SU) (24-10 vs. 11-22), but the Kings have been superior against the spread (ATS) (14-15-3 vs. 11-22-1).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to score 196 points, which was under the projected point total of 210. The Cavaliers won 101-95, but were unable to cover as 13-point favorites. Cleveland had a better free throw rate (0.167 vs. 0.081). Sacramento, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (11.6 vs. 14.7). LeBron James put up a double-double in the victory with 32 points and 11 rebounds.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Sacramento Kings Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Under
- The Kings rank 21st in blocks per game (4.3) while the Cavaliers rank 27th (3.6).
- Sacramento averages 42.4 points in the paint per game, which ranks 18th in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (45.2).
- Cleveland ranks 21st in rebounds per game (41.8) while Sacramento ranks 27th (39.9).
- On the road, Cleveland is 9-7 ATS with 8 overs and 8 unders.
- At home, Sacramento is 7-6 ATS with 7 unders and 6 overs.
- In games where they hold opponents under 100 points, Sacramento is 6-2 and Cleveland is 10-1.
- The Kings are 7-4 when they reach 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 24-7.
- The Kings average 8.1 steals per game, which ranks 11th in the league. The Cavaliers rank 13th in steals allowed per game (7.8).
- Cleveland ranks third in three pointers attempted per game (32.7) while Sacramento ranks 27th (22.3).
- The Cavaliers rank fifth in assists per game (23.7) while the Kings rank 26th (20.6).
- The Cavaliers rank 23rd in fast break points per game (9.1) while the Kings rank 25th (8.8).
- Cleveland ranks 12th in points off turnovers per game (17.4) while Sacramento ranks 27th (14.7).
- Sacramento is 2-3 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Kings average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 8.0, down from 9.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 107.6 points per game (3.2 below their season average) and allowed an average of 105.8 points per game (1.5 below their season average).