The Portland Trail Blazers (41-26) and the Cleveland Cavaliers (39-28) clash at Moda Center at the Rose Quarter. The Trail Blazers are a 4.5-point favorite and will attempt to continue their 10-game winning streak. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 222 points and it will air on Fox Sports – Ohio at 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, March 15, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Portland Trail Blazers ATS Odds
Both teams were victorious in their last game. The Trail Blazers were victorious over the Miami Heat 115-99, while the Cavaliers had no trouble getting past the Phoenix Suns 129-107.
The Cavaliers held the Suns to an effective field goal percentage of 0.418 (below their season average of 0.496) and had a free throw rate of 0.299 (above their season average of 0.212). The Trail Blazers, on the other hand, knocked down 25 of their 30 free throws (83.3 percent) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.542 (above their season average of 0.512). Jusuf Nurkic had a good game for Portland, finishing with 27 points and 16 rebounds. Cleveland, meanwhile, was lifted by LeBron James, who notched his 13th triple-double of the season. He took over, collecting 28 points, 13 rebounds and 11 assists.
Cleveland could have a difficult time creating turnovers. Portland ranks eighth in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 13.4 percent), while Cleveland forces the fourth-fewest turnovers (13.0 percent). Furthermore, the Cavaliers rank third in effective field goal percentage (0.546), while the Trail Blazers rank fifth in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.502).
Cavaliers games have finished over the projected point total 50.7 percent of the time. Cleveland heads into the contest with records of 39-28 straight up (SU) and 22-44-1 against the spread (ATS).
Games including the Trail Blazers tend to finish under the O/U total (56.7 percent). Additionally, Portland owns records of 41-26 SU and 36-25-6 ATS.
In their first matchup this season, James led the Cavaliers to a 127-110 win. He recorded 24 points, eight assists and six rebounds. Cleveland covered as a 9-point favorite and the two teams combined for 237 points, which was well over the projected point total of 215.5. One of Cleveland’s largest advantages was getting to the charity stripe. They had 37 free throw attempts, while Portland had just 19.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Portland Trail Blazers Free Pick
NBA Tip: SU Winner – Trail Blazers, ATS Winner – Trail Blazers, O/U – Under
- The Trail Blazers rank ninth in second chance points per game (13.1) while the Cavaliers rank 18th in second chance points allowed per game (12.8).
- Portland ranks second in assists allowed per game (20.2) while Cleveland ranks 29th (25.7).
- The Trail Blazers average 45.3 rebounds per game, which ranks third in the league. The Cavaliers rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (44.4).
- Portland ranks fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (42.0) while Cleveland ranks 22nd (46.9).
- Cleveland ranks 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while Portland ranks 29th (14.4).
- The Trail Blazers rank fifth in three pointers allowed per game (26.6) while the Cavaliers rank 29th (31.8).
- The Cavaliers rank 13th in fast break points per game (12.6) while the Trail Blazers rank last (7.7).
- Cleveland ranks 24th in steals per game (7.2) while Portland ranks 28th (6.9).
- Cleveland ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while Portland ranks 23rd (5.2).
- Portland is 22-5 when they hold opponents under 100 points, while Cleveland is 14-2.
- The Cavaliers are 38-16 when they reach 100 points, while the Trail Blazers are 36-13.
- Portland is 18-13-3 ATS at home, while Cleveland is 15-19 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 18 of the Cavaliers’ 34 road games, while 18 of the Trail Blazers’ 34 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Cleveland and Portland have both had 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Trail Blazers are 5-0 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 3-2.
- During their last five games, the Trail Blazers have scored an average of 113.4 points per game (7.6 above their season average) and allowed an average of 99.4 points per game (3.7 below their season average).
- The Cavaliers’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 4.2, up from 0.3 for the season.