The Cleveland Cavaliers (30-21) can end a five-game road losing streak when they go head-to-head with the Orlando Magic (16-36) at Amway Center. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 221 points with Cleveland opening as a 7-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 6, 2018, and it can be seen on Fox SportsNet Florida.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Orlando Magic ATS Preview
In the Cavaliers last game, they lost big to the Houston Rockets, 120-88. LeBron James had a solid performance for Cleveland, contributing 11 points, nine rebounds and nine assists. Houston’s turnover percentage was their largest strength over Cleveland. The Rockets had a rate of 7.4 (better than their season average of 12.6), while the Cavaliers posted a mark of 10.5.
The Magic come in on a high note after edging the Miami Heat in their last contest, 111-109. Orlando rallied around Mario Hezonja, who led the team in scoring with 20 points on 7-for-14 shooting. Orlando made 13 of their 30 three pointers (43.3 percent). Miami, on the other hand, was just 3-23 (13.0 percent).
Points at the line could be hard to find for Orlando in this matchup. The Magic rank 19th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.185, while Cleveland ranks first in FTA rate allowed (0.159). Additionally, the fifth-ranked offense of the Cavaliers (offensive efficiency of 109.5) will try to exploit the 27th-ranked defense of the Magic (defensive efficiency of 109.8).
Of Cleveland’s 51 games, 26 have finished over the projected point total, while 28 of Orlando’s 51 games have finished under the projected point total. The Cavaliers hold the sizable advantage straight up (SU) (30-21 vs. 16-36), but the Magic have been superior against the spread (ATS) (22-28-1 vs. 14-36-1).
Isaiah Thomas has really been playing well over the last five games for Cleveland, averaging 14.4 points and 5.0 assists per game.
These two teams have already met three times this year, with the Cavaliers winning two. In the most recent contest, the Magic lost 104-103 but covered as 11.5-point underdogs. Aaron Gordon put up 17 points and 10 rebounds. The two teams combined to put up 207 points, which was 20 points below the projected point total of 227 points. The Cavaliers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a superb offensive rebounding percentage of 29.8 and a free throw rate of 0.212. For those same stats, the Magic were 22.0 and 0.182, respectively.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Orlando Magic Prediction
Free Pick: SU Winner – Magic, ATS Winner – Magic, O/U – Under
- The Cavaliers rank fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Magic rank 19th (5.0).
- Cleveland ranks 15th in fast break points per game (11.3) while Orlando ranks 19th in fast break points allowed per game (12.1).
- Cleveland ranks 21st in rebounds per game (41.9) while Orlando ranks 28th in rebounds allowed per game (45.6).
- On the road, Cleveland is 9-16 ATS with 13 overs and 12 unders.
- At home, Orlando is 8-15 ATS with 14 unders and 9 overs.
- Orlando is 7-3 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Cleveland is 11-2.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Magic are 16-19 and the Cavaliers are 29-12.
- The Cavaliers average 16.6 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 15th in the league. The Magic rank 21st in points off turnovers allowed per game (17.5).
- Orlando ranks sixth in three pointers allowed per game (26.4) while Cleveland ranks 29th (32.1).
- The Magic rank 10th in assists per game (23.3) while the Cavaliers rank 29th in assists allowed per game (26.0).
- The Cavaliers average 11.4 second chance points per game, which ranks 21st in the league. The Magic rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.3).
- Orlando averages 46.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 26th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.3).
- Orlando is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 2-3 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push.
- The Magic’s average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 0.4, down from 4.8 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 105.8 points per game (3.4 below their season average) and allowed an average of 109.2 points per game (0.3 below their season average).