The Oklahoma City Thunder (32-25) will be at home in Chesapeake Energy Arena when they challenge the Cleveland Cavaliers (33-22). Tip-off is scheduled for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, February 13, 2018, and it can be seen on TNT.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Odds Preview
In the Cavaliers last game, they had no trouble getting past the Boston Celtics, 121-99. LeBron James was the top scorer from either team with 24 points on 9-for-20 shooting. The Cavaliers had an absurd effective field goal percentage of 0.631 (above their season average of 0.545) and had a turnover percentage of 10.6 (better than their season average of 12.9).
The Thunder hope to keep it rolling after blowing out the Memphis Grizzlies in their last contest, 110-92. With 33 points on 10-for-24 shooting, Paul George was the top scorer from either team. Oklahoma City dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a great turnover percentage of 8.7 (better than their season average of 12.1) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545 (above their season average of 0.511). Memphis was 15.5 and 0.427, respectively, for those same stats.
Oklahoma City should have an edge on the offensive glass in this contest. The Thunder are among the leagues elite on the offensive glass, ranking first in offensive rebounding percentage at 28.1 percent. Meanwhile, Cleveland ranks 19th in the NBA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 76.8 percent.
Of Cleveland’s 55 games, 29 have finished over the projected point total, while 32 of Oklahoma City’s 57 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have solid straight up (SU) records (33-22 for Cleveland; 32-25 for Oklahoma City), but the Thunder have the edge against the spread (ATS). Oklahoma City is 23-33-1 ATS, while the Cavaliers are 17-37-1.
George has been solid over the last five games for Oklahoma City, averaging 30.2 points, 6.0 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 2.8 steals per game.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 272 points, well over the projected point total of 219. The Thunder won 148-124, covering as 3-point underdogs. The Thunder played a nearly perfect game. They had a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 39.0 and a turnover percentage of 10.4. For those same stats, the Cavaliers were 7.7 and 12.9, respectively. Russell Westbrook put up a double-double in the victory with 23 points and 20 assists.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Oklahoma City Thunder Prediction
Free NBA Pick: SU Winner – Thunder, ATS Winner – Thunder, O/U – Under
- The Thunder rank fourth in rebounds allowed per game (41.4) while the Cavaliers rank 22nd (44.2).
- Oklahoma City ranks 11th in blocks per game (5.0) while Cleveland ranks 26th (3.8).
- Oklahoma City averages 18.9 points off turnovers per game, which ranks first in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 18th in points off turnovers allowed per game (16.9).
- Oklahoma City averages 43.7 points in the paint per game, which ranks 16th in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 24th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.1).
- Cleveland is 11-17 ATS on the road with 15 overs and 13 unders.
- Oklahoma City is 12-16-1 ATS at home with 16 unders and 13 overs.
- Oklahoma City is 18-5 when they hold opponents below 100 points, while Cleveland is 12-2.
- When reaching the century mark, the Thunder are 28-12 and the Cavaliers are 32-12.
- The Thunder rank 13th in assists allowed per game (22.8) while the Cavaliers rank last (25.9).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in steals per game (9.3) while Cleveland ranks 24th (7.0).
- The Cavaliers rank third in three pointers attempted per game (32.8) while the Thunder rank 24th in three pointers allowed per game (30.4).
- The Thunder rank fourth in fast break points per game (14.5) while the Cavaliers rank 14th in fast break points allowed per game (11.5).
- Oklahoma City ranks first in second chance points per game (14.8) while Cleveland ranks 21st (11.2).
- Oklahoma City is 2-3 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Thunder have been outscored by an average of 1.0 point in their last five games. On the season, Oklahoma City has defeated opponents by an average of 3.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 114.0 points per game (4.0 above their season average) and allowed an average of 116.0 points per game (6.1 above their season average).