The Cleveland Cavaliers (44-29) travel to AmericanAirlines Arena to take on the Miami Heat (39-35). The Cavaliers are a 4-point favorite and look to continue their five-game winning streak. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 218.5 points and it can be seen on TNT at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, March 27, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Miami Heat ATS Odds
In their last game, the Heat lost to the Indiana Pacers, 113-107, while the Cavaliers defeated the Brooklyn Nets, 121-114.
The Cavaliers had an offensive rebounding percentage of 26.2 (above their season average of 19.8) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.575 (above their season average of 0.549). Miami, on the other hand, made 14 of their 35 three pointers (40.0 percent). Kelly Olynyk fueled Miami with 12 points, nine rebounds and nine assists. Cleveland, meanwhile, was led by LeBron James, who finished with 37 points, 10 rebounds and eight assists.
Miami could have difficulty getting to the charity stripe in this matchup. The Heat currently rank 26th in the league with a free throw attempt (FTA) rate of 0.174, while Cleveland ranks second in FTA rate allowed (0.169).
A little over half of the Cavaliers games have finished over the total. Cleveland has a respectable 44-29 straight up (SU) record, but they are just 26-46-1 against the spread (ATS).
Vegas has been spot on when predicting totals of Heat games, with an even split between overs and unders. Moreover, Miami is 39-35 SU and 38-32-4 ATS.
James has taken his game to another level as of late for Cleveland, averaging 34.0 points, 10.8 assists, 10.4 rebounds, 1.4 steals and 1.4 blocks over the last five games.
In their two matchups this season, the Cavaliers have won both. In their most recent game, the two teams combined for 180 points, well under the projected point total of 217.5. Cleveland won 91-89 but was unable to cover as a 3-point favorite. One of Cleveland’s biggest strengths was getting to the free throw line. They made 38 trips to the line, while Miami went 25 times. James put up a double-double in the victory with 24 points and 11 rebounds.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Miami Heat Free Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Heat, ATS Winner – Heat, O/U – Under
- Miami ranks third in three pointers allowed per game (26.1) while Cleveland ranks 29th (31.9).
- The Cavaliers rank 13th in fast break points per game (12.7) while the Heat rank 28th (8.8).
- Miami ranks 11th in points allowed in the paint per game (43.6) while Cleveland ranks 25th (46.9).
- Miami averages 43.0 rebounds per game, which ranks 18th in the league. Cleveland ranks 22nd in rebounds allowed per game (43.9).
- The Heat rank third in assists allowed per game (20.8) while the Cavaliers rank 28th (25.8).
- The Heat rank 19th in steals per game (7.5) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (7.0).
- Miami ranks eighth in blocks per game (5.1) while Cleveland ranks 27th (4.0).
- Miami is 23-6 when they allow below 100 points, while Cleveland is 15-2.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Heat are 28-17 and the Cavaliers are 43-17.
- Cleveland is 16-21 ATS on the road, while Miami is 15-18-2 ATS at home.
- Of the Cavaliers 37 road games, they have 20 overs and 17 unders.
- The Heat have 17 unders, 16 overs and 2 pushes in 35 home games.
- The Heat are 3-1-1 ATS over their last five games, while the Cavaliers are 4-1.
- In their last five games, Miami has 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push, while Cleveland has 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Heat’s average margin of victory in their last five games has been 3.6, up from 0.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 122.2 points per game (11.1 above their season average) and allowed an average of 112.8 points per game (2.5 above their season average).