The Denver Nuggets (35-29) will be at home in Pepsi Center when they go head-to-head with the Cleveland Cavaliers (37-26). The Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 230 points with Denver opening as a 2-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 10:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, March 7, 2018, and it can be seen on ESPN.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Betting Preview
The Cavaliers dismantled the Detroit Pistons in their last contest, 112-90. With 22 points and 15 rebounds, Cleveland’s Larry Nance Jr. had a good game. Cleveland dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.6 (above their season average of 19.8) and a free throw rate of 0.159 (below their season average of 0.215). Detroit put up marks of 16.0 and 0.115, respectively, for those same stats.
In the Nuggets’ last matchup, they were dismantled by the Dallas Mavericks, 118-107. With 16 points, eight rebounds and seven assists, Will Barton had a good performance for Denver. Dallas was lights out from beyond the arc (15-27; 55.6 percent). Denver, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (20-26; 76.9 percent).
The productive offense of Denver (sixth in the NBA with an offensive efficiency of 109.3) will go head-to-head against the mid-tier defense of Cleveland (28th in the NBA with a defensive efficiency of 110.3). The Nuggets should have the advantage on that end of the court.
Of Cleveland’s 63 games, 32 have finished over the O/U total, while 32 of Denver’s 63 games have finished under the O/U total. Both teams have decent straight up (SU) records (37-26 for Cleveland; 35-29 for Denver), but the Nuggets have the advantage against the spread (ATS). Denver is 29-31-3 ATS, while the Cavaliers are 20-42-1.
Barton has really been playing well over the last five games for Denver, averaging 21.2 points, 6.2 rebounds and 4.4 assists per game.
These teams have already met once this season. The two teams combined for 243 points in that game, which was over the projected point total of 228.5. The Nuggets won 126-117, covering as 4-point underdogs. Denver’s 0.657 effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Cleveland, who had a rate of 0.574. Gary Harris scored a game-high 32 points.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Denver Nuggets Free Prediction
Free Prediction: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
- The Nuggets average 49.2 points in the paint per game, which ranks fourth in the league. The Cavaliers rank 22nd in points allowed in the paint per game (46.2).
- Cleveland ranks fourth in blocks allowed per game (4.2) while Denver ranks 16th (4.9).
- Denver ranks fourth in second chance points per game (13.8) while Cleveland ranks 21st (11.5).
- On the road, Cleveland is 13-17 ATS with 16 overs and 14 unders.
- Denver is 17-15-1 ATS at home with 17 unders and 16 overs.
- Cleveland is 14-2 when they allow below 100 points, while Denver is 13-2.
- The Nuggets are 29-20 when they score over 100 points, while the Cavaliers are 36-14.
- The Cavaliers rank 15th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while the Nuggets rank 29th in points off turnovers allowed per game (18.9).
- Denver ranks fourth in assists per game (24.7) while Cleveland ranks 29th in assists allowed per game (25.8).
- The Nuggets average 30.5 three pointers per game, which ranks ninth in the league. The Cavaliers rank last in three pointers allowed per game (31.9).
- The Cavaliers rank 13th in fast break points per game (12.3) while the Nuggets rank 20th in fast break points allowed per game (12.3).
- Denver ranks second in rebounds allowed per game (41.1) while Cleveland ranks 22nd (44.0).
- Denver is 1-4 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 1-4 ATS with 3 unders and 2 overs.
- The Nuggets have been outscored by an average of 0.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Denver has defeated opponents by an average of 0.9 points.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 109.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average) and allowed an average of 111.4 points per game (1.6 above their season average).