The Cleveland Cavaliers (43-29), 6.5-point favorites, will travel to Barclays Center to challenge the Brooklyn Nets (23-50). The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 228.5 points and it will air on NBATV at 1 p.m. ET on Sunday, March 25, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Brooklyn Nets Betting Odds
In their last matchup, the Nets lost to the Toronto Raptors, 116-112, while the Cavaliers dismantled the Phoenix Suns, 120-95.
Cleveland dominated every facet of the game. They had a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 34.1 (above their season average of 19.6) and a free throw rate of 0.189 (matching their season average). Phoenix had marks of 15.2 and 0.138, respectively, for those same stats. Brooklyn, on the other hand, had a better turnover percentage (8.4 vs. 9.2). D’Angelo Russell played a massive role in the victory for Brooklyn with 18 points, 13 assists and 11 rebounds to record his zeroth triple-double of the year. Meanwhile, LeBron James had a solid performance for Cleveland, recording 27 points, nine assists and six rebounds.
Cleveland could have their way on the offensive side of the ball as their prolific offense goes up against one of the worst defenses in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank fifth in offensive efficiency while Brooklyn ranks 24th in defensive efficiency.
Just over half of the Cavaliers games have finished over the total. Cleveland holds records of 43-29 straight up (SU) and 25-46-1 against the spread (ATS).
In opposition of Cleveland, games involving the Nets have finished under the total 53.4 percent of the time. Although Brooklyn has a hard time winning games outright (23-50 SU), they have a respectable record ATS (41-31-1).
The Cavaliers James has been playing well over his last five games, averaging 34.2 points, 11.6 rebounds, 11.2 assists, 1.8 steals and 1.6 blocks per game. Meanwhile, Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has averaged 18.4 points, 7.8 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.6 steals during that same time frame for the Nets.
In the season series between these two teams, the Cavaliers lead two games to one. In their most recent game, the two teams combined to score 252 points, well over the projected point total of 222. Cleveland won 129-123 but was unable to cover as a 10-point favorite. Cleveland won the rebounding battle. The Cavaliers had more offensive rebounds (14 vs. three), defensive rebounds (41 vs. 33) and total rebounds (55 vs. 36). James played a huge role in the victory, recording a a triple-double with 31 points, 12 rebounds and 11 assists.
Cleveland Cavaliers at Brooklyn Nets Free Pick
NBA Prediction: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Nets, O/U – Over
- The Cavaliers rank 24th in steals per game (7.0) while the Nets rank 29th (6.1).
- Brooklyn ranks first in three pointers allowed per game (24.6) while Cleveland ranks 29th (31.9).
- The Nets average 44.7 rebounds per game, which ranks sixth in the NBA. The Cavaliers rank 23rd in rebounds allowed per game (44.0).
- Cleveland ranks 16th in points off turnovers per game (16.4) while Brooklyn ranks 29th (14.2).
- Cleveland ranks 20th in second chance points allowed per game (12.9) while Brooklyn ranks 28th (13.7).
- The Cavaliers rank third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while the Nets rank 28th (5.6).
- The Nets rank 17th in points in the paint per game (43.9) while the Cavaliers rank 25th in points allowed in the paint per game (47.0).
- Brooklyn ranks seventh in assists allowed per game (21.7) while Cleveland ranks 29th (25.8).
- In games where they allow below 100 points, Brooklyn is 12-1 and Cleveland is 15-2.
- The Cavaliers are 42-17 when they score above 100 points, while the Nets are 19-34.
- Brooklyn is 17-18-1 ATS at home, while Cleveland is 15-21 ATS on the road.
- The Cavaliers have 19 overs and 17 unders in 36 road games.
- The Nets have 21 unders and 15 overs in 36 home games.
- In their last five games, Cleveland and Brooklyn are both 3-2 ATS.
- The Cavaliers have 3 overs and 2 unders over their last five games, while the Nets have 4 overs and 1 under,
- The Cavaliers average margin of victory in their last five games has been 6.4, up from 0.7 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Nets have scored an average of 113.0 points per game (6.7 above their season average) and allowed an average of 113.6 points per game (3.1 above their season average).