The Toronto Raptors, 11-point favorites, welcome the Cleveland Cavaliers to Scotiabank Arena to open their seasons. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 214 points and action starts at 7:30 p.m. ET on Wednesday, October 17, 2018.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Toronto Raptors Betting Odds
Toronto has been waiting all offseason for revenge against Cleveland, who knocked them out of last season’s playoffs in the Eastern Conference Semifinal. The Cavaliers would go on to the NBA Finals, where the Golden State Warriors defeated them in four games. Toronto clinched the top seed (59-23) while Cleveland was the four seed (50-32).
The high-powered offense of Toronto will go head-to-head against the porous defense of Cleveland. Last season, the Raptors ranked third in offensive efficiency, while the Cavaliers were 29th in defensive efficiency. The Raptors figure to have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Last season, the Cavaliers were 50-32 straight up (SU) and 45-50-5 against the spread (ATS). Cleveland games tend to finish over the O/U total (60.0 percent).
The Raptors, on the other hand, were 59-23 SU and 48-42-2 ATS last season. Games including Toronto also went over the projected point total 52.2 percent of the time.
The Cavaliers edged out the Raptors in this series last year, winning six out of seven games. In the last matchup, Cleveland won 128-93. Cleveland launched 26 three pointers, making 12 of them (46.2 percent), while Toronto was 4-15 (26.7 percent).
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Toronto Raptors Odds Pick
Free NBA Tip: SU Winner – Cavaliers, ATS Winner – Cavaliers, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- The Raptors rank 11th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Cavaliers rank 14th in second chance points allowed per game (12.7).
- Toronto ranks second in three pointers allowed per game (24.9) while Cleveland ranks 28th (31.2).
- The Raptors rank sixth in points in the paint per game (48.8) while the Cavaliers rank 20th in points allowed in the paint per game (46.8).
- Toronto ranks fourth in rebounds allowed per game (42.1) while Cleveland ranks 14th (42.9).
- Toronto ranks 12th in points off turnovers per game (16.7) while Cleveland ranks 15th in points off turnovers allowed per game (15.9).
- The Raptors rank second in blocks per game (6.1) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (3.9).
- The Raptors rank 21st in steals per game (7.4) while the Cavaliers rank 26th (6.9).
- Toronto averages 13.2 fast break points per game, which ranks 10th in the league. Cleveland ranks 13th in fast break points allowed per game (11.6).
- Toronto ranks sixth in assists per game (24.1) while Cleveland ranks 27th in assists allowed per game (25.1).
- Toronto is 30-5 when they allow below 100 points, while Cleveland is 22-6.
- The Cavaliers are 58-21 when they reach 100 points, while the Raptors are 57-19.