The New York Knicks (7-5) will be at home in Madison Square Garden when they challenge the Cleveland Cavaliers (6-7). Cleveland is a 4.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 219 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. ET on Monday, November 13, 2017, and it can be seen on Fox Sports – Ohio.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks Betting Preview
The Cavaliers were victorious over the Dallas Mavericks in their last outing, 111-104. Kevin Love was the top scorer from either team with 29 points on 11-for-19 shooting. Cleveland played a nearly perfect game. They had an absurd free throw rate of 0.358 (above their season average of 0.237) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 23.3 (above their season average of 21.4). For those same stats, Dallas was 0.174 and 17.3, respectively.
In the Knicks’ last matchup, they blew out the Sacramento Kings, 118-91. New York was lifted by Kristaps Porzingis, who was the game’s leading scorer with 34 points on 11-for-21 shooting. The Knicks, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.527, had a superb mark of 0.589 and had a turnover percentage of 10.2 (better than their season average of 14.8).
New York figures to have the advantage on the offensive side of the ball. The Knicks rank ninth in offensive efficiency, while Cleveland ranks 30th in defensive efficiency. Additionally, the Cavaliers, who rank third in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.246), will square off against the Knicks, who rank 21st in opponents’ FTA rate (0.222).
Of Cleveland’s 13 games, nine have finished over the projected point total, while 6 of New York’s 12 games have finished over the projected point total. Looking at straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records, the Knicks have a significant advantage. They are 7-5 SU and 7-5 ATS, while the Cavaliers are 6-7 SU and 4-8-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 209 points, just under the projected point total of 212.5. The Knicks won 114-95, covering as 11-point favorites. The Knicks dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had an offensive rebounding percentage of 24.4 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.545. The Cavaliers were 14.9 and 0.444, respectively, for those same stats. Porzingis put up a double-double in the victory with 32 points and 12 rebounds.
Cleveland Cavaliers vs. New York Knicks Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Over
- The Cavaliers average 13.4 second chance points per game, which ranks eighth in the NBA. The Knicks rank 23rd in second chance points allowed per game (13.8).
- New York ranks 22nd in steals per game (7.1) while Cleveland ranks 26th (6.5).
- Cleveland averages 29.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 12th in the NBA. New York ranks 26th in three pointers allowed per game (33.0).
- Cleveland ranks third in blocks allowed per game (4.1) while New York ranks fourth (4.1).
- On the road, Cleveland is 4-2 ATS with 5 overs and 1 under.
- New York is 6-2 ATS at home with 6 overs and 2 unders.
- In games where they allow below 100 points, New York is 3-0 and Cleveland is 2-0.
- When scoring more than 100 points, the Cavaliers are 6-5 and the Knicks are 7-1.
- The Knicks rank first in rebounds allowed per game (39.5) while the Cavaliers rank ninth (42.2).
- New York averages 23.9 assists per game, which ranks seventh in the NBA. Cleveland ranks 28th in assists allowed per game (26.2).
- The Knicks rank second in points allowed in the paint per game (39.3) while the Cavaliers rank 18th (45.1).
- The Cavaliers rank 24th in fast break points per game (7.6) while the Knicks rank 27th (6.0).
- Cleveland averages 18.8 points off turnovers per game, which ranks 11th in the league. New York ranks 26th in points off turnovers allowed per game (20.4).
- New York is 4-1 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cleveland is 3-1-1 ATS with 5 overs.
- The Knicks’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.8, up from 1.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cavaliers have scored an average of 118.6 points per game (8.4 above their season average) and allowed an average of 115.8 points per game (2.4 above their season average).