The Boston College Eagles (10-4, 1-1 ACC) will try to put an end to the eight-game winning streak of Clemson when they welcome the No. 25 Tigers (12-1, 1-0 ACC) to Silvio O. Conte Forum. The games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 140.5 points with Clemson opening as a 5-point favorite. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, January 3, 2018.
Clemson Tigers at Boston College Eagles ATS Preview
The Tigers defeated the North Carolina State Wolfpack in their last game, 78-62. With 10 points, 10 rebounds and six blocks, Elijah Thomas played well for Clemson. Clemson dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a turnover percentage of 10.9 (better than their season average of 16.6) and an effective field goal percentage of 0.485 (below their season average of 0.573). For those same stats, North Carolina State was 16.2 and 0.386, respectively.
In the Eagles last game, they were beaten by the No. 9 Virginia Cavaliers, 59-58. Jerome Robinson was Boston College’s high scorer with 29 points on 12-for-22 shooting. Virginia had a much better turnover percentage (12.9 vs. 19.1). Boston College, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of converting from the charity stripe (7-7; 100.0 percent).
The battle on the backboards could prove decisive, pitting strength against strength. The Eagles rank 59th in offensive rebounding percentage (34.4 percent), while Clemson ranks 45th in defensive rebounding percentage (75.3 percent).
Games involving these teams tend to finish under the projected point total. Clemson games have gone under 70.0 percent of the time, while 62.5 percent of Boston College games have finished under. The Tigers hold a sizable advantage in both straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 12-1 SU and 8-2 ATS, while the Eagles are 10-4 SU and 4-4 ATS.
Robinson has taken his game to another level as of late for Boston College, averaging 18.6 points, 3.2 assists and 1.2 steals over the last five games.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Tigers won the only contest played against each other last season, 82-68. The Tigers dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.291 and a ridiculous offensive rebounding percentage of 34.5. The Eagles had marks of 0.050 and 23.5, respectively, for those same stats.
Clemson Tigers at Boston College Eagles Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Clemson, ATS Winner – Boston College, O/U – Under
- The Tigers rank 13th in assists allowed per game (9.9) while the Eagles rank 95th (12.7).
- Clemson ranks 17th in steals allowed per game (4.8) while Boston College ranks 23rd (4.9).
- Boston College is 2-1 ATS at home, while Clemson is 3-2 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone over in 2 of the Eagles 3 home games, while 3 of the Tigers 5 road games have gone under.
- Clemson ranks 129th in three pointers allowed per game (21.9) while Boston College ranks 239th (25.6).
- The Tigers rank 19th in blocks per game (5.7) while the Eagles rank 107th (3.4).
- Boston College ranks 26th in rebounds per game (40.6) while Clemson ranks 114th (37.0).
- Boston College is 3-1 ATS with 2 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Clemson is 5-0 ATS with 5 unders.
- The Eagles average margin of victory in their last five games has been 8.6, up from 8.5 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 76.6 points per game (1.9 below their season average) and allowed an average of 59.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average).