The Florida State Seminoles (17-8, 6-7 ACC) welcome the No. 11 Clemson Tigers (20-4, 9-3 ACC) in a matchup that pits phenomenal offense against stifling defense. The Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 143.5 points with Florida State set as a 4.5-point favorite. Action starts at 7 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 14, 2018.
Clemson Tigers vs. Florida State Seminoles ATS Preview
The Tigers dismantled the Pittsburgh Panthers in their last game, 72-48. Gabe DeVoe was the games leading scorer with 25 points on 9-for-16 shooting. Clemson dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a turnover percentage of 11.3 (better than their season average of 16.0) and an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.3 (above their season average of 26.9). Pittsburgh recorded marks of 22.2 and 16.7, respectively, for those same stats.
The last time the Seminoles played, they were thoroughly outplayed by the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, 84-69. CJ Walker was Florida State’s high scorer with 16 points on 6-for-8 shooting. Notre Dame did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (20-24; 83.3 percent). Florida State, on the other hand, held the Fighting Irish to an offensive rebounding percentage of 17.2 (below their season average of 31.5).
This showdown pits one of the nations top offenses against one of its elite defenses as Florida State ranks 36th in offensive efficiency and Clemson is 35th in defensive efficiency.
Of Clemson’s 21 games with betting action, 11 have finished over the projected point total, while 14 of Florida State’s 23 games have finished over the projected point total. The Tigers have the superior straight up (SU) record (20-4 vs. 17-8), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. Clemson is 13-7-1 ATS, while Florida State is 13-8-2 ATS.
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams. The Seminoles won both matchups played against each other last season. In the most recent game, Florida State won 76-74. The Seminoles played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary offensive rebounding percentage of 40.6 and a turnover percentage of 13.3. For those same stats, the Tigers put up marks of 33.3 and 14.8, respectively.
Clemson Tigers at Florida State Seminoles Odds Prediction
College Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Florida State, ATS Winner – Florida State, O/U – Over
- The Tigers rank 32nd in assists allowed per game (11.2) while the Seminoles rank 84th (12.5).
- Clemson is 4-6-1 ATS on the road, while Florida State is 6-3-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 6 of the Seminoles 10 home games, while 7 of the Tigers 11 road games have gone over.
- Florida State ranks 27th in rebounds per game (39.2) while Clemson ranks 154th (35.6).
- The Seminoles average 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 29th in the NCAA. The Tigers rank 104th in blocks allowed per game (3.4).
- Clemson ranks 137th in three pointers attempted per game (22.2) while Florida State ranks 209th in three pointers allowed per game (23.3).
- Florida State is 2-3 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Clemson is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Seminoles have been outscored by an average of 2.0 points in their last five games. On the season, Florida State has defeated opponents by an average of 9.7 points.
- During their last five games, the Tigers have scored an average of 67.4 points per game (7.6 below their season average) and allowed an average of 64.8 points per game (0.3 below their season average).