The High Point Panthers (1-1) will be at home in Millis Center when they take on the Citadel Bulldogs (1-2). Action starts at 2 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 18, 2017.
Citadel Bulldogs at High Point Panthers Betting Preview
In the Bulldogs last matchup, they were blown out by the North Carolina A&T Aggies, 92-73. Citadels Preston Parks put together a good game, leading the team in scoring with 19 points on 7-for-18 shooting. North Carolina A&T had a much better effective field goal percentage (0.623 vs. 0.373). Citadel, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.3 vs. 19.4).
The Panthers are hoping for a better outcome after their 84-53 loss to the Tennessee Volunteers in their last game. Jahaad Proctor was the games high scorer with 17 points on 6-for-10 shooting. Tennessee did a fantastic job of making free throws (18-23; 78.3 percent). High Point, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (19.9 vs. 20.2).
It could be a mistake-prone game for the High Point offense. Dating back to last season, High Point ranks 249th in the nation in ball protection (turnover percentage of 19.5 percent), while the pesky defense of Citadel has forced the 33rd-most turnovers in the nation (21.6 percent). It will also be a matchup of opposite paces as the up-and-down Bulldogs rank first in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Panthers rank 296th.
Citadel Bulldogs vs. High Point Panthers Betting Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – High Point, ATS Winner – High Point, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Bulldogs rank fifth in steals per game (9.5) while the Panthers rank 204th in steals allowed per game (6.6).
- High Point ranks 170th in blocks per game (3.1) while Citadel ranks 233rd (2.5).
- Citadel ranks second in three pointers attempted per game (35.5) while High Point ranks 305th (16.7).
- The Panthers rank 86th in rebounds allowed per game (33.7) while the Bulldogs rank 322nd (44.3).
- Citadel ranks 12th in assists per game (17.1) while High Point ranks 222nd (12.6).