The 22nd-ranked Clemson Tigers, 25-point favorites, welcome the Citadel Bulldogs to Littlejohn Coliseum to get their seasons underway. The game’s Over/Under (O/U) opened at 159.5 points and it can be seen on ACC Network at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Citadel Bulldogs vs. Clemson Tigers Betting Odds
Following a 23-9 regular season campaign, Clemson made the tournament as a five seed in the tournament last season. They made it to the Sweet 16, where the Kansas Jayhawks defeated them. Citadel, meanwhile, failed to reach the tournament following an 11-21 regular season campaign.
Last season, the Bulldogs had records of 11-21 straight up (SU) and 14-10 against the spread (ATS). Games including Citadel have typically gone under the projected point total (62.5 percent).
The Tigers, on the other hand, were 23-9 SU and 14-17 ATS last season. Contrary to Citadel, Clemson games had a tendency to go over the projected point total (51.6 percent).
The productive offense of Clemson will clash against the mid-tier defense of Citadel. Last season, the Tigers ranked 97th in offensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs were 314th in defensive efficiency. The Tigers should have the edge on that side of the ball. It will also be a tale of two paces as the aggressively-paced Bulldogs ranked second in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Tigers ranked 276th.
Citadel Bulldogs vs. Clemson Tigers Odds Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Clemson, ATS Winner – Clemson, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Clemson ranks 39th in assists allowed per game (11.5) while Citadel ranks 309th (19.3).
- The Bulldogs rank fourth in steals per game (9.4) while the Tigers rank 180th (5.7).
- Clemson ranks 134th in three pointers attempted per game (22.5) while Citadel ranks 308th in three pointers allowed per game (28.5).
- The Tigers rank 93rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.5) while the Bulldogs rank 316th (43.2).
- Clemson averages 4.8 blocks per game, which ranks 27th in the NCAA. Citadel ranks 220th in blocks allowed per game (4.2).