Expect a high-scoring game when the Citadel Bulldogs (4-5) and the Campbell Fighting Camels (4-5) go head-to-head at John W. Pope Jr. Convocation Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 7 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 14, 2017.
Citadel Bulldogs at Campbell Fighting Camels Free Preview
In the Bulldogs last game, they edged the James Madison Dukes, 84-82. With 12 points, six assists and five rebounds, Citadel’s Tariq Simmons put together a solid game. Citadel’s 0.653 effective field goal percentage was their largest advantage over James Madison, who had a rate of 0.471. The Bulldogs mark was above their season average of 0.496, while the Dukes was below the 0.591 mark opponents have averaged against Citadel this season.
The Fighting Camels are trying to rebound after their 69-66 loss to the East Carolina Pirates in their last game. Marcus Burk was the games leading scorer with 21 points on 8-for-18 shooting. East Carolina had a free throw rate of 0.362 (above their season average of 0.255). Campbell, meanwhile, had a much better turnover percentage (13.3 vs. 19.8).
The high-octane offense of Campbell will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Citadel. Dating back to last season, the Fighting Camels rank 26th in offensive efficiency, while the Bulldogs are 273rd in defensive efficiency. The Fighting Camels figure to have the advantage on that end of the court.
The Fighting Camels won the only game against the Bulldogs last season, 97-91. Campbell’s effective field goal percentage was its largest strength over Citadel. The Fighting Camels had a rate of 0.673 while the Bulldogs posted a mark of 0.508.
Citadel Bulldogs vs. Campbell Fighting Camels Betting PredictionPredictions: SU Winner – Campbell, ATS Winner – Campbell, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Fighting Camels average 4.2 blocks per game, which ranks 26th in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 184th in blocks allowed per game (4.3).
- Campbell ranks 112th in rebounds allowed per game (33.9) while Citadel ranks 270th (44.4).
- Campbell ranks 28th in three pointers allowed per game (19.4) while Citadel ranks 256th (23.6).
- The Fighting Camels average 12.8 assists per game, which ranks 21st in the NCAA. The Bulldogs rank 248th in assists allowed per game (19.6).
- Citadel ranks second in steals per game (9.9) while Campbell ranks 164th in steals allowed per game (6.9).