The Ohio State Buckeyes (9-3) will be at home in Value City Arena when they square off against the Citadel Bulldogs (5-6). Ohio State is a 26.5-point favorite on the opening line, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game opened at 175.5 points. Action begins at 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Citadel Bulldogs at Ohio State Buckeyes Betting Preview
The last time the Bulldogs played, they easily got past the Point University Skyhawks, 110-66. With 11 points and 10 rebounds, Citadel’s Derek Webster Jr. played well. Citadel dominated every stat category in the game. They had a great free throw rate of 0.282 (above their season average of 0.164) and a turnover percentage of 15.9 (worse than their season average of 15.0). For those same stats, Point University put up marks of 0.060 and 30.1, respectively.
The Buckeyes hope to maintain momentum after topping the Appalachian State Mountaineers in their last contest, 80-67. Ohio State’s Keita Bates-Diop played a pivotal role with 18 points and eight rebounds. Ohio State played a nearly perfect game. They had a turnover percentage of 14.1 (better than their season average of 17.5) and a free throw rate of 0.298 (above their season average of 0.269). For those same stats, Appalachian State was 22.6 and 0.264, respectively.
Ohio State could dominate on the offensive side of the ball as their sharp-shooting offense squares off against one of the NCAA’s worst defenses. The Buckeyes currently rank 53rd in effective field goal percentage (0.554), while Citadel ranks 339th in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.563).
These two teams are complete opposites in terms of the O/U total. Games involving Citadel have finished over 75.0 percent of the time, while 80.0 percent of Ohio State games have gone under. The Buckeyes come into this game with much better straight up (SU) and against the spread (ATS) records. They are 9-3 SU and 5-5 ATS, while the Bulldogs are 5-6 SU and 1-3 ATS.
Citadel Bulldogs vs. Ohio State Buckeyes Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Ohio State, ATS Winner – Citadel, O/U – Under
- The Bulldogs rank eighth in steals per game (12.0) while the Buckeyes rank 129th (6.0).
- Ohio State ranks 25th in blocks allowed per game (2.3) while Citadel ranks 146th (5.5).
- Ohio State ranks seventh in rebounds allowed per game (29.8) while Citadel ranks 258th (46.1).
- The Bulldogs rank second in three pointers attempted per game (33.4) while the Buckeyes rank 215th (18.9).
- Ohio State ranks 33rd in assists allowed per game (11.3) while Citadel ranks 227th (21.1).
- The Buckeyes average margin of victory in their last five games has been 13.6, up from 11.0 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulldogs have scored an average of 86.8 points per game (2.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 86.6 points per game (3.0 below their season average).