A couple of teams that recorded losing seasons a year ago, the Cincinnati Bengals are receiving three points from oddsmakers as they pay a visit to the Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium. This early afternoon game is scheduled to kick off at 1:00 p.m. ET and CBS has the TV rights.
Betting Preview: Cincinnati Bengals vs. Indianapolis Colts
Cincinnati is a live dog and is currently getting 3 points in this Sunday AFC game. The Bengals are also receiving +130 moneyline odds while the Colts are -150. Oddsmakers have determined the over/under (O/U) to be 47 points. Multiple good in-game betting opportunities may present themselves during this matchup.
Early action has leaned in the direction of the Colts, as the line opened at -2. The game’s total has not changed after it was initially set at 47.
Overall, the Bengals went 7-9 straight-up (SU) in 2017 while the Colts only managed a 4-12 SU record last year. When playing against conference competition, the Bengals finished 6-6 SU and the Colts were 3-9 SU versus American Football Conference squads. Both teams posted a 1-3 record SU against out-of-conference competition in 2017.
On a per-game basis, the Bengals averaged 192.5 passing yards and 92.0 rushing yards against their four out-of-conference opponents last season. They managed to score 16.0 points per game against those teams while giving up 27.8 per contest. When taking the field against AFC competition, they scored an average of 18.8 points and allowed 19.8 points per contest. They ultimately put up 218.0 pass yards per game and 83.2 rush yards per game.
Against out-of-conference competition, the Colts threw for 216.5 yards per game and ran for 102.0 a game on their way to 16.5 points per contest. When facing AFC opponents, the offense posted 16.4 points per game by averaging 196.7 passing yards and 104.4 rush yards. The Colts defense allowed 32.8 PPG to non-conference foes and 22.8 PPG to teams in conference,
Neither team was incredibly productive in the ground game last season. The Colts ran for 3.7 yards per carry and the Bengals ball-carriers generated a YPC of 3.6..
When these two franchises met last year, Cincinnati earned the win 24-23.
Cincinnati Bengals at Indianapolis Colts Free Betting Pick
SU Winner: Bengals, ATS Winner: Bengals, O/U: Over
Team Betting Trends
- The Bengals produced 25 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Colts only converted 13 passing touchdowns last season.
- The Bengals created six rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Colts put up 11 rushing touchdowns last season.
- The Bengals logged 3.6 yards per carry last season while allowing a YPC of 4.2 to opponents.
- The Colts tallied 3.7 yards per carry last season and gave up 3.9 yards per rush attempt to opponents.
- The Bengals offensive line gave up 40 sacks last season. Their defense created 41 sacks.
- Indianapolis quarterbacks were sacked 56 times last year. Their defense created 25 sacks.