The No. 12 Cincinnati Bearcats (15-2, 4-0 AAC) put their eight-game winning streak on the line when they meet the UCF Knights (12-5, 3-2 AAC) at CFE Federal Credit Union Arena. The games Over/Under (O/U) opened at 119 points with Cincinnati set as a 6.5-point favorite. Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Tuesday, January 16, 2018, and it can be seen on CBS Sports Network.
Cincinnati Bearcats vs. UCF Knights ATS Preview
In the Bearcats last game, they had no trouble getting past the South Florida Bulls, 78-55. With 10 points and 10 rebounds, Cincinnati’s Gary Clark had a good game. Cincinnati dominated every stat category in the game. They had a phenomenal free throw rate of 0.628 (above their season average of 0.256) and a turnover percentage of 12.4 (better than their season average of 15.8). For those same stats, South Florida was 0.267 and 20.0, respectively.
The Knights are trying to rebound after their 62-53 loss to the Connecticut Huskies in their last contest. Ceasar DeJesus was UCF’s high scorer with 13 points on 5-for-12 shooting. Connecticut did an excellent job of making free throws (20-21; 95.2 percent). UCF, on the other hand, had a better offensive rebounding percentage (31.4 vs. 28.0).
The inefficient offense of UCF will face off against the stingy defense of Cincinnati. The Knights rank 311th in offensive efficiency, while the Bearcats are second in defensive efficiency. The Bearcats should have the advantage on that side of the ball.
Both of these teams tend to go under the O/U total. Cincinnati games have gone under 61.5 percent of the time, while games involving UCF have gone under 91.7 percent of the time. The Bearcats have the better straight up (SU) record (15-2 vs. 12-5), but the Knights hold the sizable advantage against the spread (ATS) (9-3 vs. 8-6).
This will be the first matchup of the year between these two teams, after splitting two games last season. The Knights won the most recent contest 53-49. UCF’s effective field goal percentage was its biggest advantage over Cincinnati. The Knights had a rate of 0.448 while the Bearcats posted a mark of 0.361.
Cincinnati Bearcats vs. UCF Knights Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Cincinnati, ATS Winner – UCF, O/U – Under
- The Bearcats rank 187th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while the Knights rank 266th (15.9).
- Cincinnati ranks 29th in rebounds per game (40.1) while UCF ranks 70th (37.9).
- UCF is 4-1 ATS at home, while Cincinnati is 4-4 ATS on the road.
- The total has gone under in 4 of the Knights’ 5 home games, while 6 of the Bearcats 8 road games have gone under.
- Cincinnati ranks 29th in assists per game (17.1) while UCF ranks 229th (11.4).
- The Bearcats average 8.3 steals per game, which ranks 24th in the NCAA. The Knights rank 159th in steals allowed per game (7.3).
- Cincinnati ranks 21st in blocks per game (5.5) while UCF ranks 147th in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- UCF is 4-1 ATS with 5 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Cincinnati is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Knights average margin of victory in their last five games has been 7.2, up from 5.6 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bearcats have scored an average of 74.4 points per game (4.5 below their season average) and allowed an average of 54.8 points per game (3.6 below their season average).