The Chicago State Cougars (2-14), who are currently on a 10-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they visit University Arena in Read Fieldhouse to square off against the Western Michigan Broncos (7-5). Tip-off is set for 4:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, December 30, 2017.
Chicago State Cougars vs. Western Michigan Broncos ATS Preview
The last time the Cougars played, they lost to the Wisconsin Badgers, 82-70. With 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting, Deionte Simmons was the top scorer from either team. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Wisconsin’s largest strengths. They had 32 free throw attempts, while Chicago State had 18.
The Broncos come in on a high note after edging the Milwaukee Panthers in their last contest, 66-63. With 16 points on 6-for-7 shooting, Thomas Wilder led Western Michigan in scoring. Western Michigan dominated nearly every facet of the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.154 (matching their season average) and a turnover percentage of 13.9 (better than their season average of 15.7). For those same stats, Milwaukee put up marks of 0.038 and 16.6, respectively.
It will be a showdown of conflicting paces as the up-tempo Cougars will look to push the more grind-it-out Broncos. The Cougars currently rank 71st in possessions per game while the Broncos are 210th.
Chicago State Cougars at Western Michigan Broncos Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Chicago State, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Under
- The Broncos rank 144th in rebounds per game (36.0) while the Cougars rank 236th (32.8).
- Western Michigan ranks 49th in steals allowed per game (5.5) while Chicago State ranks 120th (6.8).
- Western Michigan ranks 102nd in assists allowed per game (12.8) while Chicago State ranks 245th (18.2).
- The Broncos rank 38th in blocks allowed per game (2.6) while the Cougars rank 173rd (5.8).
- Western Michigan ranks 136th in three pointers attempted per game (22.3) while Chicago State ranks 251st (17.0).
- The Broncos have been outscored by an average of 2.6 points in their last five games. For the season, Western Michigan has defeated opponents by an average of 3.5 points.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 57.0 points per game (10.0 below their season average) and allowed an average of 86.4 points per game (0.7 above their season average).