The Chicago State Cougars (2-21, 0-6 WAC), who are currently on a 17-game losing streak, will try to get back in the win column when they head to Rabobank Arena to square off against the Bakersfield Roadrunners (8-13, 1-5 WAC). Tip-off is scheduled for 10 p.m. ET on Thursday, February 1, 2018.
Chicago State Cougars vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Odds Preview
In the Cougars’ last game, they lost to the Texas-Rio Grande Valley Vaqueros, 87-81. Fred Sims Jr. put together a solid performance for Chicago State, putting up 20 points. Texas-Rio Grande Valley had an offensive rebounding percentage of 34.4 (above their season average of 28.7). Chicago State, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of getting and making free throws (20-26; 76.9 percent).
The Roadrunners are hoping for a better outcome after their 59-55 loss to the Seattle Redhawks in their last outing. Shon Briggs led Bakersfield in scoring with 14 points on 4-for-13 shooting. Seattle did an excellent job of converting from the free throw line (17-23; 73.9 percent). Bakersfield, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (15.5 vs. 18.9).
The offensive glass should be a huge advantage for Bakersfield in this contest. The Roadrunners are among the nation’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking 61st in offensive rebounding percentage at 33.5 percent. Meanwhile, Chicago State ranks 309th in the nation at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 67.3 percent.
These teams have already met once this season. The Roadrunners won 89-78. The Roadrunners played a nearly flawless game. They had an extraordinary free throw rate of 0.380 and a phenomenal offensive rebounding percentage of 40.9. For those same stats, the Cougars had marks of 0.129 and 28.1, respectively. Despite the loss, Anthony Harris was the game’s leading scorer with 20 points.
Chicago State Cougars vs. Bakersfield Roadrunners Prediction
Free Basketball Pick: SU Winner – Chicago State, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Under
- The Roadrunners rank 198th in three pointers attempted per game (20.5) while the Cougars rank 273rd (17.4).
- Bakersfield ranks 73rd in rebounds allowed per game (33.1) while Chicago State ranks 256th (38.7).
- The Roadrunners rank 27th in blocks allowed per game (2.5) while the Cougars rank 180th (5.0).
- Bakersfield ranks 137th in assists allowed per game (13.5) while Chicago State ranks 253rd (19.0).
- The Roadrunners’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.4, up from 4.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Cougars have scored an average of 67.8 points per game (0.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 82.4 points per game (3.3 below their season average).