The Chicago State Cougars (2-12), who are currently on an eight-game losing streak, look to get back in the win column when they head to Sam M. Vadalabene Center to square off against the SIUE Cougars (3-6). Tip-off is set for 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 19, 2017.
Chicago State Cougars vs. SIUE Cougars Free Preview
In Chicago State’s last game, they got blown out by the Bradley Braves, 84-58. Deionte Simmons had a solid game for Chicago State, finishing with 12 points and seven rebounds. Bradley did a great job of converting from the charity stripe (16-19; 84.2 percent). Chicago State, meanwhile, held Bradley to an offensive rebounding percentage of 13.6 (below their season average of 38.1).
SIUE hopes to maintain momentum after narrowly defeating the South Alabama Jaguars in its last outing, 76-75. SIUE received a boost from Jalen Henry, who was the top scorer from either team with 26 points on 6-for-18 shooting. SIUE had a better turnover percentage (12.5 vs. 16.5) and held South Alabama to an effective field goal percentage of 0.458 (below the 0.576 mark opponents have averaged against SIUE this season).
Chicago State Cougars at SIUE Cougars Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – SIUE, ATS Winner – SIUE, O/U – Over
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- SIUE averages 2.9 blocks per game, which ranks 127th in the NCAA. Chicago State ranks 172nd in blocks allowed per game (4.4).
- SIUE averages 10.7 assists per game, which ranks 182nd in the NCAA. Chicago State ranks 224th in assists allowed per game (17.9).
- SIUE ranks 105th in three pointers attempted per game (17.8) while Chicago State ranks 233rd (20.3).
- Chicago State averages 6.8 steals per game, which ranks 79th in the NCAA. SIUE ranks 130th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- SIUE ranks 176th in rebounds per game (35.6) while Chicago State ranks 223rd in rebounds allowed per game (39.6).