The Chicago State Cougars (2-10), who are currently on a six-game skid, will attempt to get back in the win column when they head to Allstate Arena to meet the Northwestern Wildcats (5-4). Tip-off is set for 7 p.m. ET on Monday, December 11, 2017.
Chicago State Cougars at Northwestern Wildcats Odds Preview
The Cougars were blown out by the Oakland Golden Grizzlies in their last contest, 82-50. Glen Burns put together a good performance for Chicago State, contributing 10 points and 10 rebounds. Oakland’s offensive rebounding percentage was their biggest strength over Chicago State. The Golden Grizzlies had a rate of 30.6 (above their season average of 27.2), while the Cougars posted a mark of 15.9 (below their season average of 29.9).
In the Wildcats’ last game, they were blown out by the Purdue Boilermakers, 74-69. Dererk Pardon was Northwestern’s high scorer with 20 points on 9-for-12 shooting. Purdue had a much better free throw rate (0.302 vs. 0.048). Northwestern, on the other hand, had a turnover percentage of 9.7 (better than their season average of 16.4).
It will be a showdown of contrasting styles as the fast-paced Cougars will look to push the slower-paced Wildcats. Dating back to last season, the Cougars rank 45th in possessions per game while the Wildcats are 264th.
Northwestern owns records of 5-4 SU and 2-5 ATS. Of the Wildcats seven games with betting action, three have finished under, three have finished over and one has pushed.
Fred Sims Jr. has been playing at a high level over the last five games for Chicago State, averaging 19.6 points per game.
The Wildcats won the sole game against the Cougars last season, 68-64. Northwestern had a much better turnover percentage (10.8 vs. 20.9). Chicago State, meanwhile, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (36.1 vs. 27.0).
Chicago State Cougars vs. Northwestern Wildcats Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Northwestern, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Wildcats rank 139th in assists per game (14.8) while the Cougars rank 234th in assists allowed per game (17.7).
- Chicago State ranks 76th in steals per game (6.8) while Northwestern ranks 115th in steals allowed per game (5.8).
- Northwestern ranks 57th in rebounds allowed per game (34.8) while Chicago State ranks 263rd (40.0).
- The Wildcats rank 25th in three pointers allowed per game (19.2) while the Cougars rank 210th (25.6).
- Northwestern ranks 20th in blocks allowed per game (3.6) while Chicago State ranks 184th (4.3).