The Chicago State Cougars (3-10) head to Western Hall to challenge the Western Illinois Leathernecks (4-8). The Cougars look to snap their eight-game losing streak. The game is scheduled to start at 3 p.m. ET on Thursday, December 20, 2018.
Chicago State Cougars at Western Illinois Leathernecks Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Leathernecks were beaten by the Creighton Bluejays, 78-67, while the Cougars were blown out by the Indiana Hoosiers, 104-55.
Chicago State had a better free throw rate (0.200 vs. 0.275) while Western Illinois had a better turnover percentage (13.1 vs. 14.3). Kobe Webster played well for Western Illinois, putting up 24 points and 10 rebounds. Anthony Harris, meanwhile played a pivotal role for Chicago State with 14 points.
Webster has really been playing well recently for Western Illinois, averaging 0 points over the last five games.
Chicago State at Western Illinois Odds Pick
Basketball Prediction: SU Winner – Western Illinois, O/U – Over
- Western Illinois ranks 80th in rebounds per game (37.9) while Chicago State ranks 228th in rebounds allowed per game (39.2).
- The Leathernecks rank 174th in three pointers attempted per game (21.3) while the Cougars rank 260th (15.8).
- Western Illinois averages 5.8 steals per game, which ranks 136th in the NCAA. Chicago State ranks 170th in steals allowed per game (8.8).
- The Leathernecks rank 101st in assists allowed per game (12.8) while the Cougars rank 232nd (18.5).
- Western Illinois ranks 30th in blocks per game (4.8) while Chicago State ranks 156th (2.3).
- The Cougars’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 32.4, up from 19.9 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Leathernecks have scored an average of 80.4 points per game (7.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 70.0 points per game (1.6 below their season average).