The No. 20 Purdue Boilermakers (1-0) will be at home in Mackey Arena when they challenge the Chicago State Cougars (0-1). Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m. ET on Sunday, November 12, 2017.
Chicago State Cougars at Purdue Boilermakers Free Preview
In the Cougars’ last matchup, they lost big to the Iowa Hawkeyes, 95-62. Chicago State’s Rob Shaw put up 10 points and six assists in the contest. Getting to the charity stripe was one of Iowa’s biggest strengths. They had 35 free throw attempts, while Chicago State had just 18.
The Boilermakers hope to keep it rolling after dismantling the SIUE Cougars in their last matchup, 105-74. Purdue received a boost from Dakota Mathias, who was the team’s leading scorer with 18 points on 5-for-8 shooting. Purdue dominated nearly every stat category in the game. They had a free throw rate of 0.393 and an effective field goal percentage of 0.664. For those same stats, SIUE was 0.025 and 0.444, respectively.
The high-powered offense of Purdue will go head-to-head against the bottom-tier defense of Chicago State. Since last season, the Boilermakers rank 22nd in offensive efficiency, while the Cougars are 333rd in defensive efficiency. The Boilermakers figure to have the edge on that end of the court. Also, put-back points figure to be few and far between for the Cougars. They rank 264th in the NCAA in offensive rebounding percentage at 27.1 percent, while the Boilermakers have been 36th-best on the defensive glass (defensive rebounding percentage of 74.7 percent).
Chicago State Cougars vs. Purdue Boilermakers Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Purdue, ATS Winner – Purdue, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2016-Present):
- The Cougars rank 88th in steals per game (6.8) while the Boilermakers rank 194th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Purdue ranks 210th in blocks per game (2.6) while Chicago State ranks 252nd (2.1).
- Purdue ranks second in assists per game (18.5) while Chicago State ranks 305th in assists allowed per game (17.8).
- The Boilermakers rank 19th in rebounds allowed per game (31.3) while the Cougars rank 314th (39.9).
- Purdue averages 22.3 three pointers per game, which ranks 117th in the nation. Chicago State ranks 312th in three pointers allowed per game (26.0).