The Indiana Hoosiers welcome the Chicago State Cougars to Assembly Hall to start the new season. Action gets underway at 6:30 p.m. ET on Tuesday, November 6, 2018.
Chicago State Cougars vs. Indiana Hoosiers Betting Odds
Last season, Indiana failed to reach the tournament following a 16-15 regular season. Chicago State also did not reach the tournament following a 3-29 regular season.
The offensive glass could be a major advantage for Indiana in this showdown. Last season, the Hoosiers ranked 82nd in offensive rebounding percentage (31.8 percent), while Chicago State ranked 333rd in defensive rebounding percentage (66.4 percent). It will also be a matchup of contrasting styles as the up-and-down Cougars ranked 40th in possessions per game, while the more half-court oriented Hoosiers ranked 278th.
Chicago State at Indiana Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Chicago State, ATS Winner – Chicago State, O/U – Under
Betting Notes (2017-Present):
- Indiana averages 4.3 blocks per game, which ranks 47th in the nation. Chicago State ranks 232nd in blocks allowed per game (4.5).
- The Cougars average 7.3 steals per game, which ranks 49th in the country. The Hoosiers rank 177th in steals allowed per game (6.5).
- Indiana ranks 245th in three pointers attempted per game (19.4) while Chicago State ranks 296th (17.2).
- The Hoosiers rank 121st in rebounds allowed per game (34.0) while the Cougars rank 301st (39.3).
- Indiana ranks 131st in assists per game (14.0) while Chicago State ranks 306th in assists allowed per game (18.2).