The Washington Wizards (20-16) will be at home in Capital One Arena when they square off against the Chicago Bulls (13-22). Washington opened as a 7-point favorite, while the games Over/Under (O/U) has been set at 213 points. Tip-off is scheduled for 3:30 p.m. ET on Sunday, December 31, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls at Washington Wizards Free Preview
The last time the Bulls played, they were victorious over the Indiana Pacers, 119-107. Lauri Markkanen was the top scorer from either team with 32 points on 11-for-17 shooting. The Bulls, who came into the game averaging an effective field goal percentage of 0.492, had a ridiculous mark of 0.612, while the Pacers had a free throw rate of 0.151 (below the 0.183 mark opponents have averaged against Chicago this season).
The Wizards hope to maintain momentum after thoroughly outplaying the Houston Rockets in their last matchup, 121-103. Washington received a boost from Otto Porter Jr. who was the games leading scorer with 26 points on 9-for-16 shooting. The Wizards had a great offensive rebounding percentage of 27.0 (above their season average of 22.5) and had an effective field goal percentage of 0.636 (above their season average of 0.511).
From an effective field goal percentage perspective, Washington should have a considerable edge. The Wizards defense ranks seventh in effective field goal percentage allowed (0.510), while the Chicago offense is ranked 28th in effective field goal percentage (0.495).
Of Chicago’s 35 games, 18 have finished over the projected point total, while 23 of Washington’s 36 games have finished under the projected point total. The Wizards have the superior straight up (SU) record (20-16 vs. 13-22), but the Bulls hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (20-12-3 vs. 18-18).
Kelly Oubre Jr. has been on fire over the last five games for Washington, averaging 13.2 points per game.
This is the first time these teams will meet this year. The Wizards won three out of four contests played against each other last season. In the most recent contest, Washington won 112-107. The Wizards turnover percentage was their biggest strength over the Bulls. Washington had a rate of 8.6, while Chicago posted a mark of 15.8.
Chicago Bulls at Washington Wizards Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Wizards, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The Wizards rank 12th in second chance points per game (12.9) while the Bulls rank 25th (10.5).
- Chicago ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.7) while Washington ranks 19th in three pointers allowed per game (29.4).
- Washington ranks 20th in points in the paint per game (41.9) while Chicago ranks 27th (39.8).
- Washington ranks fifth in steals allowed per game (6.8) while Chicago ranks eighth (7.0).
- Chicago is 10-7-1 ATS on the road with 12 overs and 6 unders.
- Washington is 7-10 ATS at home with 9 unders, 7 overs and 1 push.
- When holding opponents below 100 points, Washington is 13-1 and Chicago is 5-5.
- The Bulls are 11-7 when they score over 100 points, while the Wizards are 17-7.
- The Wizards rank 22nd in blocks per game (4.3) while the Bulls rank 28th (3.6).
- Washington ranks seventh in points off turnovers per game (18.1) while Chicago ranks 28th (14.3).
- The Wizards rank eighth in assists allowed per game (21.5) while the Bulls rank 25th (24.4).
- The Wizards rank 14th in fast break points per game (11.1) while the Bulls rank 19th in fast break points allowed per game (11.4).
- Chicago averages 44.7 rebounds per game, which ranks ninth in the league. Washington ranks 24th in rebounds allowed per game (44.0).
- Washington is 3-2 ATS with 2 overs, 2 unders and 1 push in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Wizards average margin of victory in their last five games has been 0.8, down from 2.2 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 106.0 points per game (5.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 106.4 points per game (0.5 above their season average).