The San Antonio Spurs (7-5) will be at home in AT&T Center when they square off with the Chicago Bulls (2-8). San Antonio opened as an 11-point favorite, while the Over/Under (O/U) for the game has been set at 192.5 points. Tip-off is set for 8:30 p.m. ET on Saturday, November 11, 2017, and it can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls at San Antonio Spurs Odds Preview
In the Bulls’ last outing, they got blown out by the Indiana Pacers, 105-87. With 20 points on 7-for-17 shooting, Bobby Portis was Chicago’s high scorer. Indiana was lights out from beyond the arc (12-29; 41.4 percent). Chicago, on the other hand, forced the Pacers into a turnover percentage of 16.8 (above their season average of 12.4).
The Spurs are trying to rebound after their 94-87 loss to the Milwaukee Bucks in their last contest. LaMarcus Aldridge was San Antonio’s leading scorer with 20 points on 8-for-14 shooting. Milwaukee forced the Spurs into a turnover percentage of 17.5 (above their season average of 12.5). San Antonio, meanwhile, did a fantastic job of making free throws (10-11; 90.9 percent).
Half-court execution will be of utmost importance when a pair of the league’s slowest-paced teams battle. San Antonio currently ranks 29th in possessions per game (97.8) and Chicago is 25th (98.3). Also, the Bulls, who rank 29th in free throw attempt (FTA) rate (0.152), could have a difficult time getting to the line against the Spurs, who rank fourth in opponents’ FTA rate (0.168).
Of Chicago’s 9 games with betting action, six have finished under the O/U total, while 6 of San Antonio’s 11 games have finished under the O/U total. The Spurs have the better straight up (SU) record (7-5 vs. 2-8), but both teams have similar against the spread (ATS) records. San Antonio is 6-4-1, while Chicago is 5-3-1 ATS.
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 164 points, well under the projected point total of 200.5. The Spurs won 87-77, covering as 10-point underdogs. The Spurs played a nearly flawless game. They had a great turnover percentage of 9.9 and an offensive rebounding percentage of 25.9. For those same stats, the Bulls were 18.1 and 17.4, respectively. Aldridge recorded a double-double with 28 points and 10 rebounds.
Chicago Bulls vs. San Antonio Spurs Odds Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Spurs, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Under
- The Spurs rank 10th in assists per game (22.8) while the Bulls rank 24th in assists allowed per game (24.5).
- San Antonio ranks 16th in fast break points per game (9.6) while Chicago ranks 26th (6.8).
- San Antonio ranks eighth in rebounds per game (45.8) while Chicago ranks 21st in rebounds allowed per game (45.8).
- San Antonio ranks 13th in steals per game (8.1) while Chicago ranks 19th in steals allowed per game (8.5).
- Chicago is 4-1 ATS on the road with 3 overs and 2 unders.
- At home, San Antonio is 5-1 ATS with 3 overs and 3 unders.
- In games where they hold opponents below 100 points, San Antonio is 4-2 and Chicago is 2-3.
- The Bulls are 1-3 when they score over 100 points, while the Spurs are 6-0.
- The Spurs rank 17th in points in the paint per game (43.5) while the Bulls rank 29th (35.8).
- San Antonio ranks third in blocks per game (6.3) while Chicago ranks 25th (3.7).
- The Bulls rank sixth in three pointers attempted per game (31.7) while the Spurs rank 28th (23.2).
- The Spurs rank 16th in points off turnovers per game (17.1) while the Bulls rank 25th (13.8).
- San Antonio ranks fifth in second chance points per game (14.5) while Chicago ranks 25th (9.5).
- San Antonio is 3-2 ATS with 3 overs and 2 unders in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 3-2 ATS with 4 unders and 1 over.
- The Spurs’ average margin of victory in their last five games has been 2.0, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 97.4 points per game (3.8 above their season average) and allowed an average of 100.0 points per game (1.0 below their season average).