The New York Knicks (17-42) welcome the Chicago Bulls (20-39) to Madison Square Garden. The Knicks are 3-point favorites and will try to snap their six-game losing streak. Action gets underway at 5 p.m. ET on Saturday, February 29, 2020, and can be seen on NBC Sports Chicago.
Chicago Bulls vs. New York Knicks Betting Odds
Both teams were beaten in their last game. The Knicks (7.5-point underdogs) were defeated by the Philadelphia 76ers, 115-106, while the Bulls (11-point underdogs) fell to the Oklahoma City Thunder, 124-122. Both games went over their projected point totals. The New York game finished 11 points over the projected point total of 210, while the Chicago game finished 28.5 points over the projected point total of 217.5.
Chicago had an offensive rebounding percentage of 30.2 (above their season average of 22.5) while New York had a better free throw rate (0.169 vs. 0.110). Julius Randle had a solid performance for New York, recording 30 points, 10 rebounds and five assists. Zach LaVine, meanwhile was a key piece for Chicago with 41 points and five rebounds.
The Bulls evened the season series at one with a 120-102 blowout win in their most recent contest. RJ Barrett had a standout performance in the game, producing 21 points, nine assists and six rebounds. Chicago’s free throw rate was their biggest strength over New York. The Bulls had a rate of 0.296, while the Knicks posted a mark of 0.227. Chicago covered as a 7-point favorite and the two teams combined for 222 points, which was over the projected point total of 211.5.
Of the Bulls’ 59 games, 32 have finished over the projected point total. Chicago comes into the game with records of 20-39 straight up (SU) and 26-32-1 against the spread (ATS).
Of the Knicks’ 59 games, 33 have finished under the total. Additionally, New York owns records of 17-42 SU and 29-28-2 ATS.
The offensive glass should be a major edge for New York in this showdown. The Knicks are among the NBA’s elite on the offensive glass, ranking first in offensive rebounding percentage at 25.3 percent. Meanwhile, Chicago ranks 26th in the NBA at corralling defensive rebounds with a defensive rebounding percentage of 75.7 percent.
Chicago Bulls vs. New York Knicks ATS Pick
Prediction: SU Winner – Knicks, ATS Winner – Knicks, O/U – Under
- The Knicks rank 14th in assists allowed per game (24.3) while the Bulls rank 25th (25.4).
- New York ranks seventh in rebounds per game (46.3) while Chicago ranks last (42.1).
- The Bulls rank ninth in three pointers attempted per game (35.2) while the Knicks rank 28th (29.0).
- New York ranks 10th in steals allowed per game (7.1) while Chicago ranks 26th (8.3).
- New York ranks first in second chance points per game (15.0) while Chicago ranks 15th (13.2).
- The Bulls rank seventh in fast break points per game (15.3) while the Knicks rank 29th (9.6).
- The Knicks rank fourth in points allowed in the paint per game (43.8) while the Bulls rank 19th (49.2).
- New York ranks 18th in blocks per game (4.7) while Chicago ranks 27th in blocks allowed per game (6.0).
- Chicago ranks first in points off turnovers per game (21.1) while New York ranks 22nd (15.9).
- When allowing under 100 points, Chicago is 5-3 and New York is 7-3.
- In games where they reach 100 points, the Knicks are 14-26 and the Bulls are 20-24.
- Chicago is 13-15 ATS on the road, while New York is 13-14-1 ATS at home.
- The total has gone over in 16 of the Bulls’ 28 road games, while 18 of the Knicks’ 28 home games have gone under.
- In their last five games, Chicago and New York have both had 3 overs and 2 unders.
- The Bulls are 2-3 ATS over their last five games, while the Knicks are 1-4.
- The Bulls’ average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 4.6, up from 3.1 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Knicks have scored an average of 102.6 points per game (2.1 below their season average) and allowed an average of 113.0 points per game (1.2 above their season average).