Central Division foes will battle when the Milwaukee Bucks (17-14) challenge the Chicago Bulls (10-22) at BMO Harris Bradley Center. Action gets underway at 8 p.m. ET on Tuesday, December 26, 2017, and it can be seen on NBATV.
Chicago Bulls vs. Milwaukee Bucks Betting Preview
In the Bulls last matchup, they got blown out by the Boston Celtics, 117-92. With 17 points on 7-for-13 shooting, Bobby Portis was Chicago’s high scorer. Boston had a turnover percentage of 4.7 (better than their season average of 12.5). Chicago, on the other hand, had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (24.0 vs. 17.0).
The Bucks are trying to rebound after their 111-106 loss to the Charlotte Hornets in their last outing. Khris Middleton was the top scorer from either team with 31 points on 11-for-24 shooting. Charlotte did an excellent job of making free throws (30-40; 75.0 percent). Milwaukee, on the other hand, forced the Hornets into a turnover percentage of 14.9 (above their season average of 11.7).
Milwaukee could put on a ball-control clinic in this contest. Milwaukee ranks first in the league at avoiding errors (turnover percentage of 12.9 percent), while Chicago forces the fewest turnovers (12.5 percent).
Of Chicago’s 32 games, 16 have finished over the O/U total, while 20 of Milwaukee’s 31 games have finished over the projected point total. The Bucks have the superior straight up (SU) record (17-14 vs. 10-22), but the Bulls hold the clear advantage against the spread (ATS) (17-12-3 vs. 13-13-5).
Both teams have had a player trending in the right direction over their last five games. For the Bulls, it’s been Nikola Mirotic, who has averaged 20.6 points and 9.0 rebounds, while the Bucks have gotten great contributions from Middleton (22.6 points, 5.8 assists and 1.6 steals).
These teams have already met once this season. In that game, the two teams combined to put up 224 points, well over the projected point total of 204.5. The Bulls won 115-109, covering as 9-point underdogs. Chicago had a much better offensive rebounding percentage (29.2 vs. 20.0). Milwaukee, meanwhile, had a better turnover percentage (10.3 vs. 10.6). In the loss, Giannis Antetokounmpo recorded a double-double with 29 points and 16 rebounds.
Chicago Bulls at Milwaukee Bucks Free Prediction
Predictions: SU Winner – Bulls, ATS Winner – Bulls, O/U – Over
- The Bucks rank sixth in blocks per game (5.3) while the Bulls rank 25th (3.6).
- Chicago ranks 13th in three pointers attempted per game (29.6) while Milwaukee ranks 25th (24.9).
- Milwaukee ranks first in fast break points allowed per game (6.6) while Chicago ranks 18th (11.2).
- Chicago is 25th in the NBA with 10.3 second chance points per game while Milwaukee is 29th with 9.5 second chance points per game.
- On the road, Chicago is 9-7-1 ATS with 11 overs and 6 unders.
- Milwaukee is 6-7-3 ATS at home with 9 overs, 6 unders and 1 push.
- When allowing under 100 points, Milwaukee is 6-2 and Chicago is 4-5.
- In games where they score above 100 points, the Bulls are 9-7 and the Bucks are 14-8.
- The Bucks rank 10th in assists allowed per game (21.9) while the Bulls rank 26th (24.6).
- Milwaukee ranks sixth in points off turnovers per game (18.3) while Chicago ranks 28th (14.1).
- The Bucks rank seventh in points in the paint per game (46.6) while the Bulls rank 28th (39.6).
- The Bucks rank first in steals allowed per game (6.6) while the Bulls rank eighth (7.1).
- Chicago ranks ninth in rebounds per game (44.7) while Milwaukee ranks last (38.5).
- Milwaukee is 2-1-2 ATS with 5 overs in their last five games.
- Over their last five games, Chicago is 4-1 ATS with 4 overs and 1 under.
- The Bucks average margin of defeat in their last five games has been 1.4, up from 0.4 for the season.
- During their last five games, the Bulls have scored an average of 109.6 points per game (10.2 above their season average) and allowed an average of 110.0 points per game (3.6 above their season average).